Dawnguard - Do I HAVE to kill Harkon?

Katiemw

I actually really like Harkon, he's cool. I don't want to have to kill him. Is there any way to side with him rather than Serana and Valerica? I assume there isn't, since this game pretty much gives you no choices, but it's worth asking.

If you refuse the gift Lord Harkon to become a vampire and return to fort dawguard and fight as a vampire hunter then you wont have to kill isran, I only played as a vampire lord once and don't recall having to kill isran, but I didn't complete the side quests when I was a vampire lord, so not sure if there's a vampire side quest to kill isran, sorry!..

I hate to break your heart, but I think he has to die no matter what side you choose, I could be wrong!..

I'm on my ten inch notebook and have bad eye sight and was watching TV well posting and my concentration was on two thing's at once earlier on :unsure:

My 17' main laptop has no network internet access right now

Edited by sinnerman69

I hate to break your heart, but I think he has to die no matter what side you choose, I could be wrong!..

I'm on my ten inch notebook and have bad eye sight and was watching TV well posting and my concentration was on two thing's at once earlier on :unsure:

My 17' main laptop has no network internet access right now

You're right, I've played both sids and you have to kill him on the two sides.

But there is no way to "spawn" him?

It's either Serana or Velarica who explains to you that you won't be able to just talk things over with Harkon and gain his favour - by collecting all the ES, defeating ancient snow elves / escaping the Soul Cairn, you've shown yourself to be too powerful and too much of a threat to Harkon himself, so he'll eventually want to be rid of you. I guess the "loopy/paranoid" thing was too much part of his character for any other plotlines.

Even if you give him the Bow at the end he still tries to kill you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "spawning" - do you mean either:

- a quest type thing which "resurrects" him at the end (in which case, no)

- by use of console commands (I assumed you can't have meant this one) in which case, of course there is a way, just find out the relevant IDs (but I imagine this would create all kinds of glitchy chaos).

Edited by true_kajex

It's either Serana or Velarica who explains to you that you won't be able to just talk things over with Harkon and gain his favour - by collecting all the ES, defeating ancient snow elves / escaping the Soul Cairn, you've shown yourself to be too powerful and too much of a threat to Harkon himself, so he'll eventually want to be rid of you. I guess the "loopy/paranoid" thing was too much part of his character for any other plotlines.

Even if you give him the Bow at the end he still tries to kill you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "spawning" - do you mean either:

- a quest type thing which "resurrects" him at the end (in which case, no)

- by use of console commands (I assumed you can't have meant this one) in which case, of course there is a way, just find out the relevant IDs (but I imagine this would create all kinds of glitchy chaos).

It was the first one, I expressed myself wrong.

• 3 years later...

Well, the reason you can't side with him is that he was to kill you anyways. You were too much of a...liability to Harkon, being as strong as you are you could dispute him. He turned you into a Vampire as a calculated risk.

Oh, I just realized this was necroed.