Neverwinter Nights 2

Cynster

My copy gathers dust currently, but I've been paying attention to the patch releases to see if they'll ever get around to fixing my particular issue (which is actually quite widespread, I hear).

I would say, if both games had been released relatively bug free and with equal graphics, I'd give it to NWN2. I think it much improved on the core aspects of the game.

Frankly, even though it wasn't as buggy, I thought NWN1 failed pretty hard in places. Such as recruiting only a single companion in the main campaign. I can't tell you how much that ruined NWN1 for me coming off Icewind Dale 2. Also, the inability to revisit areas you left behind in previous chapters. I was appalled that NWN1 didn't accomplish this.

Much of that changed with NWN2 so I would have called it the clear winner were it more stable.

Neverwinter Nights 1 is far better than number 2.

I like Neverwinter Nights 2 but it is way to buggy.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I get to the part where you have got the crystal and have spoken to your foster father. He tells you to go to that place and as I go to the world transition and click the next place, it freezes at the loading screen. I have left it for 30 minutes and it had gone nowhere.

I downloaded a patcher that you can patch the game without the internet but the patcher got to 10% done in like 2 hours!

I found it so annoying because the computer I have Neverwinter Nights 2 on doesn't have the internet. Does anyone else have this problem? or have you fixed this?

If so how?

• 2 weeks later...
The only technical issue that I've had with the game is its framerate. Despite the fact that my computer meets the recomended hardware requirements twice over(literaly), the framrate chugs even on the minimal settings.

I think the worst problem I had with it was after I got Mask of the Betrayer all of the spellcaster party members now summon their familiars autonomously. This caused a game-breaking glitch where the game was trying to go to a cutscene and instead of a particular party member being there to give commentary, the cutscene didn't happen at all an in place of the party member was one of the familiar pets.

I suppose the reason this didn't bother me is because of my love of tweaking and customizing my game. Once I read up on how to get around the error (besides have lots of saves to go back to) it wasn't too bad. Usually the problem resulted from a party member's individual file corrupting and to fix it you go back to a working save and copy his character file into your current save. The disadvantage is going back several spaces in equipment and xp with the character you had to fix.

Glad you fixed it, Gamerbird. I've had a few bad times with the game, but I genuinely hope you have a better more bug-free experience.

Silly jojo, you can't go over the recommended settings! It's an exact science! You'll doom us all! Seriously, I'm kind of wondering just what kind of PC NWN2 was made for. Because it doesn't seem to be working well on anything consumers can buy today.

On the bright side, I hear Obsidian will release a new expansion soon...ish.

This expansion? It's currently planned to be released in the US the 18th of next month. I'm looking forward to it, but I probably won't be buying it right away.

• 2 months later...

eh...ill just say this much about Neverwinter Nights 2 being a total NWN sloth and Dungeons and Dragons Fantaic/lunatic/pnp player from wayback

The Neverwinter Nights series is the BEST computerized version of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 out there...beautiful in all of its glory I love makeing characters in the game and the zillions of choices so many classes so many weapons so many ways to play a lot of races! everything! its everything I could ask for in a computerized DND now I never thought it too buggy...i mean bad things never happned to me. everyone complains but I never have problems...I guess im just careful..same thing when vista came out people thought I was crazy and I have yet to have a problem with Vista... but anyway enough about vista....

another beautiful thing about nwn is...FREE INTERNET PLAY and you can make your own servers! not to mention the toolset! I mean what better than to make your own campaigns...I F*CKIN LOVE IT!! neverwinter and DND have also been a good inspiration for me I just fear that the day when NWN3 comes along and...well...=( they use 4.0 rules....4.0 is the worst....I cringe at the sound of Four point O

Archived