Is oblivion Fun to Play after playing skyrim?

WhiterunPrince

Hey guys, I Jumped in at Elder scrolls V, But i heard so many good things about Oblivion.

So i thought hmmm maybe its fun to buy that one to, its only 20$.

But i dont know if oblivion is fun to play after you played skyrim from the beginning.

A lot of friends told me oblivion is OP, you should of played it to.

but they played it before skyrim so thats why they liked it i guess, im just not sure if it's fun for me to roll back to oblivion.

Any idea's guys??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blasphemy... I know

Yup.

Daggerfall was awesome. A landmass larger than Great Britain, 10000 or so different locations to visit, a main quest that took months to complete, multiple endings, boobs in vanilla, vampirism and lycanthropy (including wereboars!) realized more fully than in any other TES game, banks, horses, carts, climbing, etc. etc. etc.

Of course, that was back when gaming companies were actually owned by gamers. Oh well. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Edited by JanusForbeare

Oblivion is definitely worth playing even after Skyrim. It still does a lot of things way better. I just recommend you to add a bunch of graphic-mods and possibly FCOM if you're up to it. If not then OOO will do good on its own as well.

If we were to acknowledge both games' depth, leaving graphics aside, Oblivion would most likely be TES V ;) always shocking when a game's sequel doesn't exactly succeed at improving over the previous iteration of the series. Quests-wise, guilds-wise, maturity-wise... Oblivion still gets the edge IMO.

And don't let me begin talking Shivering Isles.

So yup, definitely go for it, and install the mods!

What Odrackyir said.

Just the shivering isles dlc is worth itself to buy Oblivion...one of the best dlcs ever...and possibly also the last that was worth buying, in my opinion.

Plus oblivion has so many mods, that you can spent weeks and weeks just trying them out.