Lines in the mist

Does anyone know the cause and/or solution to these lines in the mist shown in the linked image below? I've tried removing one of the light sources in the area (there are three total), but the "lines" are still there.

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/MJermann/ScreenShot2.png

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/MJermann/ScreenShot3.png

Edited by KiokothePirate

1st shot looks like the same problems i was having.. I could also see those lines in the CK. And it took getting rid of lights and moving others around to tackle it. I know that sounds simplistic. But I haven't found any other answers..

Example.

A25EeMA.jpg

There's a line showing in the CK. In Game it would flash on and off right there depending where you were and what angle you were looking at it...

KMMhooP.jpg

I moved some lighting around and messed with that and removing or changing light types until it was not showing..

Hi, I can't be sure from your images, but I think its the fog sprites intersecting with the ground. Try raising up the fog FX - most have two marker rings in the editor view; make sure the bottom one is sitting on or just above the ground.

• 1 month later...
Fog - Mist - Dust FX : are made by vertical and horizontal LAYERS of textures > this means that the textures - images align from and to a certain distance of each other to give that visual illusion FX.

Unfortunately this is how those FX works, you can't get rid of those lines, the only thing you can do is to palce them above the floor so that the layer - images don't interact - interfere with the mesh - floor.

PLUS (if you are at a close distace of it), use more than one FX and place them in such a way so that they will FILL THE GAPS of each others FX LAYERS - TEXTURES (they leave square gaps which are actually the distance between the layers - textures, and that's what you see as lines).

Edited by maxarturo