Morrowind Wildlife Behavior?

AnubisRaven

As somewhat of a zoology nerd, I'm approaching morrowind from a naturalist's standpoint and enjoy observing the various creatures. Problem is, they don't do much except attack you on site. I'm getting tired of seeing Nix Hounds prowling not three feet away from ashlanders and not attacking them.

Is there any mod that makes the wildlife more hostile towards itself? So creatures attack creatures, that sort of thing.

Currently using Tamriel Rebuilt 3 (the newest one) MGSO, and Creatures XI

Thanks!

The alternative is Passive Wildlife Vvardenfell

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=5648

Only scripted creatures will attack, everything just wanders about. You can now get up close and personal with all wildlife. It is a permanent part of my game.

The alternative is Passive Wildlife Vvardenfell

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=5648

Only scripted creatures will attack, everything just wanders about. You can now get up close and personal with all wildlife. It is a permanent part of my game.

Not quite what I was looking for. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

I'm basically looking for a mod that makes the wildlife fight each other. So, for example, if there's an Alit and a Nix Hound within FOV of each other, they'll fight, or the hound will run, or whatever, instead of both of them just standing there.

like how in Skyrim, wolves will attack deer, or in Oblivion, how you'll often come upon Daedra and bandits fighting it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Predators the hunt prey and terratorial behavior, I agree. It would also be light entertainment as well. I've noticed that there are no herbivores in Morrowind. I suspect that everybody and everything in the vanilla game was specifically programmed to attack the player only [99% predators that are 100% hostile, as if fighting is all the player is presumed to want to do]. The only passive creature is the scrib. Before I had Passive Wildlife, Protective Guards attacked every creature that attacked the player.

Perhaps the 'protect' script could be applied to certain vanilla creatures or even a new set of creatures could be designed with the 'protective' script apart of them.

The Protective Guards only worked if they were in range or the same cell. If the player was attacked threatened by vanilla hostiles, a variety of new 'protective' creatures in the same cell would attack the hostiles. They could even attack daedra and bandits as well.

• 1 month later...
I would love just having the stupid animals just standing there, I certainly don't need the hazzle or scare of when one of these bloody Clitt Racers attack me out of the blue, especially when I'm covered in items with their own auras and carrying Sunder as my main weapon. Edited by Beaviz81

• 2 weeks later...

The no herbivores thing isn't QUITE true. Guars are herbivores, I think Netches are too, and scribs are just kind of standing around. If you get Creatures XI, then you have Kriin and I think a few others.

But it seems like a lot of people are in agreement that the wildlife of Morrowind need a MAJOR overhaul.

I know it's kind of off-topic, but I need to ask. Why is there not a subforum for Morrowind mod requests?

What Raza says is true- there aren't any herbivores. And, think about it- there are no juvenile animals either. No Nix-hound pups, tiny rats or guar youngsters.

There is mod to change that, it was called Giants or something like that. Not sure if u can get it anymore, its very old mod. I had it years ago. It added also giants and trolls and other creatures morrowind don't have.

What Raza says is true- there aren't any herbivores. And, think about it- there are no juvenile animals either. No Nix-hound pups, tiny rats or guar youngsters.

There is mod to change that, it was called Giants or something like that. Not sure if u can get it anymore, its very old mod. I had it years ago. It added also giants and trolls and other creatures morrowind don't have.

Creatures XI is the one I've been using. It's pretty awesome and adds a ton of new creatures, including a few herbivores, like the Kriin, and more Guars.

My main annoyance right now is that wildlife doesn't display any hostility towards each other. For example, you can have a Nix Hound sitting right next to an Alit and they'll just stand around. It's kind of immersion breaking.