Lost Paladins of the Divines needs your help.

Jerros

Currently I've been working on an update to my LPotD paladin armor. I did some work in 3DS max and for the most part the armor came out quite nice. Problem is, I'm not an expert at it. To be honest I only recently have been working in 3DS max. I can export the armor fine but when I try to test it ingame the new additions do not show up at all. I can see them perfectly fine in nifskope but in the game they are completely invisible. And yes, I changed the BSlightingproperties in nifskope with ones that were not broken. I have tried all I know to fix it but I'm sure I'm probably just missing something. I looking for someone with more expertise to help me get this armor out to the community. Heres a couple screens of the changes. What I did was added mesh based emblems instead of them being just 2d parts of the texture. I can even send the files if you think you are someone that can fix this issue. I mainly just want the update to see the light of day. Once I can get the armor working I will rework the textures accordingly. Full cred to anyone willing to lend a hand in this and big thanks in advance.

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/images/103363-1345839209.jpg

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/images/103363-1345839430.jpg

Any help would be monumentally appreciated.

Wow, not to sound ungrateful for a response but the pics arent intented as glamour shots and no need to come with an attitude. As for telling one thing I did right, as I stated, I am new to 3DS max. I can write a full description of all I did but that was intended for someone interested in firstly lending a helping hand. But if it will help, I imported the file into 3DS max. Once there I then imported the armor to do the designwork. I then made the emblem an editable mesh. Once that was done I proceeded to skinwrap it. Added a smooth first then the skinwrap. Once that was done I added the BSdismember. After that was done to all emblems added I exported the armor and emblems without any issue. I then openned them up in nifskope and everything looks fine. I hadnt done anything to fix the textures, I just tried testing it in game to make sure the mesh itself showed up. Every emblem was invisible. I then started fixing the textures with the proper BSlighting setting that wasnting broken. The armor textures work just fine but the emblems still did not show up. That is the extent as to what I did. Again, keep in mind I am no a professional at 3DS max so try to be a little less judgemental. I am only asking for a little help from those that are more knowlegable. If people are unwilling to help a fellow modder then so be it but no need to get rude about it.

I had this same problem and I know how I fixed it I just cant remember the term. I've got nif scope open and I'm looking for it to jog my memory. I'll let you know what it is

haven't messed with nif scope in 3 months >.<

EDIT : FOUND IT! Click on the emblem mesh, click on trishape data find "Has Vertex Colors" and set it to true. That should tell it textures exist

Edited by valdosa

I had this same problem and I know how I fixed it I just cant remember the term. I've got nif scope open and I'm looking for it to jog my memory. I'll let you know what it is

haven't messed with nif scope in 3 months >.<

Hehe, thanks Valdosa, any help would be great. if you remember anything please pass it on. I've been wrestling with this all day it seems.

Ok, trying that now.

Edited by Jerros

come with an attitude. little less judgemental. get rude.

ahem. I made a factual analysis, I was pointing out to you if you want help, you have to help yourself.You provided virtually no information with which to diagnose what you are doing wrong. If someone wants to come on here and do a back an forth Q&A for the next couple days, fair enough. But if you want to have an concise answer without requiring the people willing to help you to spend a bunch of their time unnecessarily. Provide as much information as you can, preferably including the actual files. Now that you have gotten over taking your frustration out on me....

Once that was done I added the BSdismember.

Have you set this up correctly with skyrim compatible settings?

Edited by Ghogiel