For The Love of God...

FalmerBane

Second complaint I've seen about this today. :confused:

It's a personal inconvenience for sure but I kinda think it's a good thing myself. I certainly wouldn't turn down an offer of translation on my own work, so I can't complain if other mods get translated :thumbsup:

Edited by tetradite

It's a personal inconvenience for sure but I kinda think it's a good thing myself. I certainly wouldn't turn down an offer of translation on my own work, so I can't complain if other mods get translated :thumbsup:

Good thing? Eh, I used to let translators translate my mods until I found one of mine on the Workshop uploaded as one of the translators so that was stopped and the thief was drawn and quartered... :thumbsup:

Good thing? Eh, I used to let translators translate my mods until I found one of mine on the Workshop uploaded as one of the translators so that was stopped and the thief was drawn and quartered... :thumbsup:

Harsh, and out of line by them, but refusing to allow translations won't stop that from happening, someone who's going to do that will still do it anyway. All you've stopped are the people who'd do a legitimate translation.

Harsh, and out of line by them, but refusing to allow translations won't stop that from happening, someone who's going to do that will still do it anyway. All you've stopped are the people who'd do a legitimate translation.

Once you give permissions the mod is out of your hands, as far as what sites they are uploaded to and what credit is given. It's just one less thing to worry about for me and honestly most of my friends in the EU speak, write and read English with great competency if not fluently.

I agree. Plus I suspect having mods translated help those withoother primary languages than english so that they don't have to try to post a question using goodle translator or whatnot, and then try to make sense of a slang and abbreviation filled answer. The other thread mentioned that you can use tags to filter out other languages, if it really bugs. The way that the search has been working for me lately, there have been a few times that the only way I found the English mod was to click on the link from the translated mod, so I too am glad they are there....

I was agreeing with tetradite.

@FalmerBane: Mods are out your hand as soon as you post them, anyone who downloads them can choose to disrespect your wishes, regardless of their language.

Edited by Georgiegril

I think the option to not show translations would be best.

While I was studying French and felt like playing Skyrim rather than my homework, I'd play in french so I wouldn't feel as bad about it. Of course my teacher would wonder why so many of my practice conversations with her involved the undead and dragons, but hey, I learned.