Next best thing for the US (and perhaps the world)

mizdarby

Straw Poll of voting intentions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in 2012 US Elections

• Barack Obama/Democrats
    • Mitt Romney/Republicans
    • Any Other/Third Party such as Libertarian/Green etc
    • All political parties are a waste of my vote

One of the symptoms of a nation in relatively hard times, is a tendency for it's population to lean towards the more extreme ends of the political spectrum, such as Greece currently enduring the rise of right wing nationalism, and Germany embracing the fascists in the last century. Perhaps, the American people are bit too savvy to go ultra right wing, perhaps the economy isn't doing badly enough to induce a sense of panic, but I have the distinct impression that they have become more right wing, than in the past. Which makes it even more surprising, that the Republicans being more right wing, are struggling in this election. I guess many Americans, who seem to switch political allegiances more often than their European counterparts, simply don't feel that Romney is worth switching to.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

Just out of curiosity, what are peoples feelings on the second debate.

I recall Romney saying something about himself being just like Bush, and Obama pointing out that Romney's plan was even worse.

Just my opinion ( no offense intended), but Obama opened up a briefcase of ass-whoopin' :P

Edited by nimbonius

Hi everyone.

Just out of curiosity, what are peoples feelings on the second debate.

I recall Romney saying something about himself being just like Bush, and Obama pointing out that Romney's plan was even worse.

Just my opinion ( no offense intended), but Obama opened up a briefcase of ass-whoopin' :P

As i stated in a post in the past the 1st debate Romney won.

The 2nd debate Obama "buried" Romney this time.... Obama was the victor!

I spent a bit of time watching both MSNBC and FoxNews after the debate was over. Seems The republicans are in denial that Obama won. When i was watching FoxNews Hannity show had like a group of 12 people that were all white americans asking them questions about the debate then at the end he asked "who was the winner of this debate?"... The 12 people screamed out "Romney" and one person screamed "Obama"... It just makes me laugh sometimes that even a bias network will not admit to a huge debate defeat. Even after the 1st Presidential debate MSnbc wasnt trying to deny obama lost, they actually admit how horrible Obama performed that time. Political agenda or not you cant go around saying a sports team won a game when they were obviously were defeated badly and this time Romney was beaten down hard....

edit: all I have to say about the 2nd debate in respect of what i will always remember about Romney is "whole binders full of women." lol

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/princesstb/motivator1250563ea9b8f764f06ba4bf45b6b69ec8690441.jpg

Edited by colourwheel

One of the symptoms of a nation in relatively hard times, is a tendency for it's population to lean towards the more extreme ends of the political spectrum, such as Greece currently enduring the rise of right wing nationalism, and Germany embracing the fascists in the last century. Perhaps, the American people are bit too savvy to go ultra right wing, perhaps the economy isn't doing badly enough to induce a sense of panic, but I have the distinct impression that they have become more right wing, than in the past. Which makes it even more surprising, that the Republicans being more right wing, are struggling in this election. I guess many Americans, who seem to switch political allegiances more often than their European counterparts, simply don't feel that Romney is worth switching to.

It is my belief that the change in political leanings in America is more towards libertarianism than either liberal or conservative. The reason why it would appear that Americans are leaning more heavily towards Republicans is because the Republicans have traditionally been somewhat more Libertarian than Democrats. Many people foolishly believe that they absolutely must vote either Democrat or Republican and that voting third party is just a waste of time. Which would be why Libertarians aren't gaining the support they would otherwise.

This would also explain why it would appear that Romney is likely to lose the election. Romney isn't much different than Obama, he has a very similar voting record. But then you add in the various statements he has made, either behind closed doors(47% of Americans are losers or whatever) and the statements he's made in the open(almost all lies) and you end up with a huge chunk of people hating the crap out of him.

@Syco21

I would have to disagree with your statement about "Romney isn't much different than Obama".

Obama is very different from Romney. Besides the things most politicians share in common there is very little between the two in similarity. The idea they are not that much difference is like trying to compair meats with fruits saying they are both foods.

@Syco21

I would have to disagree with your statement about "Romney isn't much different than Obama".

Obama is very different from Romney. Besides the things most politicians share in common there is very little between the two in similarity. The idea they are not that much difference is like trying to compair meats with fruits saying they are both foods.

Care to share their differences?

@Syco21

Care to share their differences?

Economic policies, social policies, domestic policies, foreign policies, their views on women, their views on facts, one is a bit more consistant on their beliefs than the other which flipflops way too much... etc... also one man is white and the other is black. lol

there is hardly anyways these two politicians are even close to being alike.

Edited by colourwheel