Would anyone use this mod?

narcovaizard

Hall of Gear- Yes or no?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should i continue making and publish the mod, or scrap it and find a new idea?

• Yes, do it!
    • Nah, no one would use it.

I'm currently making a mod called "Hall of Gear", a mod which puts a building near whiterun with bazaar inside. Inside the bazaar is a large amount of merchant stands with a merchant for each one. Each merchant stand has the gear that they are selling on it, and the merchant is wearing the gear as well. Each stand/merchant combo is representative of another armor set in the game, from fur eventually up to dragon and daedric.

The idea behind this mod is that if someone is collecting the armor sets in the game(like i am) and they aren't a crafter, or don't want to craft, or simply want the armor sooner and can afford it, there is a place that they can readily get it.

This is my first mod that is a building and involves more than just one little script change like my other mod Spells Will Give off Light ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8479 ), and so far has been enjoyable, though a lengthy process. I currently have fur, hide, leather, iron, banded iron, steel, and steel plate completed, so i am about a third of the way done?

So, my question is, would anyone use this mod, should i add anything to it, and would it be worth continuing with, or should i just scrap it? Thanks for any feedback you all give.

Personally I prefer armor I earn, so the most attractive part of your mod would be having a large number of merchants to sell to, rather than buy from.

In my own opinion, if you like it and will use it, it is worth making. If no one else is interested, oh well. Looking at the headaches endured by authors of the extremely popular mods, you may be happier if your mod is only of interest to a few!

There are many reasons to continue the project, regardless of whether or not people will use it - If you're learning something, for example. As long as you enjoy what you are doing, I would say continue it.

You could even expand the bazaar idea by adding merchants that sell gear from mods. There are some mods that add things to the game that I get excited about, but then they talk about finding the gear in the game on bandits and vanilla merchants. I don't like altering leveled lists or dealing with wrye bash. I also don't like mods that require you to craft the gear out of random things that eventually spam the heck out of the blacksmith table. I also also dont like mods that add gear, then put a picture of a chest in an arbitrary location with a circle around the chest with an arrow. It would be nice to have an alternative way to get these armors, and see them on actors before buying them.

You'd have to get permission first, of course, for any mod's gear you wanted to use.

The other thing is that you'd be surprised at what other people find "useful." Sometimes you may make something designed for a specific purpose and find that people enjoy it for some reason that you hadn't anticipated. My feeling is that if even one person likes it, it's worth it (as long as you enjoy doing it).

Hey!

I will be honest with you, I would not use this mod because I see no reason in it. However, I have answered "Yes, do it!", because I think it's ridiculous to stop your work right now that you are already almost halfway through!

The more mods you make, the more experience you get. You do not have to recreate a freaking Valhalla in order to get people to like it. I'll bet you a dollar that at least 10 people will download it. And it's fine, because you are getting more and more experience and I won't be surprised if in a month you will actually create something that will rock my socks off :)

Good luck!

My answer is more like yes, continue building the mod./No, no one will use it. If you would enjoy having the mod and being able to play it, then you should build it, and may as well upload it to share with the community. But I personally would not use a mod to make the game easier like this and to make rare gear easy to get. I think many people feel as I do, but there would be a certain group of people who would download and enjoy your mod.