Torchlight 2 Release Date!!

hoofhearted4

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No canna afford Borderlands 2 since my gaming rig decided to crash and require nearly everything replacing, hehe, and I'm unemployed to boot.

Single player for me then...and GW2...and Skyrim...

Apparently, according to Runic Support, the password reset emails are in a queue...

:facepalm:

Incidentally, I'm thinking of creating a Steam group for Torchlight online play to help create a pool of players who are less likely to join games with cheat characters or do console griefing. Can use something like that to manage public games with common naming conventions and passwords for random play, or just have a list of people to try and play with.

It would be public for the most part, but not really connected to the Nexus for various reasons, some less obvious than others. Mostly just a group of like-minded players who want to play legit or go crazy with mods. The question though, is what to call it so that it isn't something that people would just join to cause grief, but it could eventually be used for other games using a similar matchmaker?

played a little bit today (level 9) and one thing i found that i thought i was gunna be happy about but turned out that it was dumb. the Repec Vendor guy. i saw that and i was like oh cool, i can try out a few different abilties, and then return them all and respec them according to what i learned as i played (like my play style, or which abilities are better or i enjoy more) but as it turns out you can only return the last three abilities. which is just stupid. if you cant respec completely, why even put it in there. its like a slap to the face. only good if you accidentally click the wrong ability or something.

the other thing i noticed is the town portals and identify scrolls cost quite a good chunk of money!

played a little bit today (level 9) and one thing i found that i thought i was gunna be happy about but turned out that it was dumb. the Repec Vendor guy. i saw that and i was like oh cool, i can try out a few different abilties, and then return them all and respec them according to what i learned as i played (like my play style, or which abilities are better or i enjoy more) but as it turns out you can only return the last three abilities. which is just stupid. if you cant respec completely, why even put it in there. its like a slap to the face. only good if you accidentally click the wrong ability or something.

the other thing i noticed is the town portals and identify scrolls cost quite a good chunk of money!

The respec guy is mostly there so that you have the option of testing out a new skill for a level or so before you're stuck with it.

Having a full respec guy there would pretty much make the game like D3 from the standpoint that there would be no reason to make more than one character of the same class since you could just respec a character to suit whatever you wanted. Given the modability of the game and even how the stash and other things are setup, gold is technically infinite, and you can get an endless supply of unique quality items, so it doesn't matter what sort of cost such an NPC would have. It will however probably be modded in simply because there is demand for it.

For portal scrolls, yeah, they're costly, but they also stay open until you make another one. For identify scrolls, most of the equipment you're picking up will usually get identified automatically, so the scrolls are really only there for uniques and the odd drop that is above your level. So their cost eventually balances out.