Screenshot Share

SerecenHwke

@Robin + the Nexus Team: please reconsider your plans to disable the image-tags for the image descriptions! They are essential for so many of us screenarchers, storytellers and modders!

All of us, who use them regularly, know how to properly resize our images! It rarely happens that someone adds fullsize PNGs - and then usually just because that person is new and has no idea how to resize the additional shots and to which size so that they fit into the site layout (nobody wants to have cut off, gigantic pics in his image description).

The little galleries are no burden for the Nexus when they are hosted elsewhere and they load instantly when you don't add too many shots (I normally use 3-5 additional shots for my showcases and little picture stories)... > set a limit of 10 additional pics or so if you think it is the best way, but please don't take this feature away entirely.

Like the others before me already said > it would be awful to lose the main feature that enables us to express our creativity - we need it to tell our tales (with pics + text), showcase armors properly (main shot + addition small pic showing more details of the armor), add alternative shots of a scene,... screenarching and storytelling have become an artform, and showcasing mods is important for modders and users alike.

If you want to improve the site-performance then set some limits and inform people when they are uploading shots (in a little box underneath the no-nudity rule maybe):

- how to properly use the image-tags (+maybe some other bb-code basics)

- the maximum allowed image-size for the additional shots (900 or 920pixels wide for example)

- and how many can be added in one image description (10 or whatever you think is reasonable)

(Clickable links are no real alternative in my opinion - a series of shots has to be viewed at once,.. and not separately by following some external links,...)

Please think about this - and find a compromise which does not destroy the work of so many wonderful, talented and creative people! The image-tags are really a big advantage of the Nexus image share - they gave/give us all many possibilities to be creative, don't take this away now - there will hopefully be another (less "dramatic") way to improve site-performance...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't see what the problem is. Dark0ne is offering to have a small showcase available anyway. You'll have a small gallery, just in a different form.

I for one who have just started off with actively creating stories to share the with the Nexus community, find this more than distressing to have this feature removed.
As 83willow said, why not inform other users how to properly resize and and use the codes by having a box of information next to the "No-Nudity" box?

I know this website was created for mods, but it has become a community where members and artists share their work. I have seen some people go and overkill their descriptions with links and pictures, without any purpose to it. Personally I think those who abuse it and should be dealt with, as they are in minority without having the rest of the community suffer this penalty.

As the storytelling I create is the mainreason I have considered to become a paying member in order to have acess to more features on the site, I find it saddening that my favorite one is getting removed.

@Robin + the Nexus Team: please reconsider your plans to disable the image-tags for the image descriptions! They are essential for so many of us screenarchers, storytellers and modders!

All of us, who use them regularly, know how to properly resize our images! It rarely happens that someone adds fullsize PNGs - and then usually just because that person is new and has no idea how to resize the additional shots and to which size so that they fit into the site layout (nobody wants to have cut off, gigantic pics in his image description).

The little galleries are no burden for the Nexus when they are hosted elsewhere and they load instantly when you don't add too many shots (I normally use 3-5 additional shots for my showcases and little picture stories)... > set a limit of 10 additional pics or so if you think it is the best way, but please don't take this feature away entirely.

Like the others before me already said > it would be awful to lose the main feature that enables us to express our creativity - we need it to tell our tales (with pics + text), showcase armors properly (main shot + addition small pic showing more details of the armor), add alternative shots of a scene,... screenarching and storytelling have become an artform, and showcasing mods is important for modders and users alike.

If you want to improve the site-performance then set some limits and inform people when they are uploading shots (in a little box underneath the no-nudity rule maybe):

- how to properly use the image-tags (+maybe some other bb-code basics)

- the maximum allowed image-size for the additional shots (900 or 920pixels wide for example)

- and how many can be added in one image description (10 or whatever you think is reasonable)

(Clickable links are no real alternative in my opinion - a series of shots has to be viewed at once,.. and not separately by following some external links,...)

Please think about this - and find a compromise which does not destroy the work of so many wonderful, talented and creative people! The image-tags are really a big advantage of the Nexus image share - they gave/give us all many possibilities to be creative, don't take this away now - there will hopefully be another (less "dramatic") way to improve site-performance...

Can we make this a petition? I'd totally signed...

Personally, I don't see what the problem is. Dark0ne is offering to have a small showcase available anyway. You'll have a small gallery, just in a different form.

The suggestion Robin made is that you would be able to add some pics you already uploaded on the Nexus as some sort of gallery > this would not only increase burden for the Nexus site but also clutter up the image share with "useless" single shots if you would do that for showcases (or stories) > and I personally would then never add a pic showing just the glove or boot of an armor,... It's really not the same, and that's exactly why I use the additional small pics and host them somewhere else,...

Then impose a limit, i've never seen 50+ additional images or even 10+ so I think your trying to solve a problem relating to a minority.

I removed them when I found them, either the entire page (if the original image was questionable itself), or the additional images from the description.

Found a perfect example of "over use" of images in the description area that I hadn't removed yet: Link

I agree wholeheartedly with my fellow screen-archers and storytellers, to disable the image tags in description would take away a something very important from the nexus. The stories and series we create are a way to share the enjoyment of the game we have with others, to promote the work of modders, inspires some to become modders or to collaborate with modders and is a important creative outlet in the community. The great majority of us always post a reasonable amount of shots, enough to tell our tales, to show an armor in many angles, to show the sights of a landscape, to show the unfolding of a scene, all things that really do not function with separate shots, the shots are hosted elsewhere and as others have said, it helps reduce clutter in the image-share letting every shot have a fair change of not being drown under a series of images. Limiting the amount of shots to 10 in a set or finding some other good compromise without doing away with what many of us put much passion and creativity into is in the interest of the whole community as it brings a lot to the site.

I agree wholeheartedly with my fellow screen-archers and storytellers, to disable the image tags in description would take away a something very important from the nexus. The stories and series we create are a way to share the enjoyment of the game we have with others, to promote the work of modders, inspires some to become modders or to collaborate with modders and is a important creative outlet in the community. The great majority of us always post a reasonable amount of shots, enough to tell our tales, to show an armor in many angles, to show the sights of a landscape, to show the unfolding of a scene, all things that really do not function with separate shots, the shots are hosted elsewhere and as others have said, it helps reduce clutter in the image-share letting every shot have a fair change of not being drown under a series of images. Limiting the amount of shots to 10 in a set or finding some other good compromise without doing away with what many of us put much passion and creativity into is in the interest of the whole community as it brings a lot to the site.

Also the resolution, maximum to 900, for example, could be not so dramatic, of those 10 images. It would be helpful for the performance.

Then impose a limit, i've never seen 50+ additional images or even 10+ so I think your trying to solve a problem relating to a minority.

I removed them when I found them, either the entire page (if the original image was questionable itself), or the additional images from the description.

Found a perfect example of "over use" of images in the description area that I hadn't removed yet: Link

*scrolls... scrolls... scrolls some more... gives up and closes page*

Yeah - definitely over used :blink:

well i hope you you add a feature that will allow us to post multiple shots in one image post. if you remove this feature you will get people who will end up uploading 5-10 seperate images at once. peoples work already gets buried and never seen to begin with. btw i don't understand the top 27 just an odd number imho. would make more sense to allow the top 50. that way the chances for other images by different authors can be seen will be greater. with skyrim being done it would be the wrong move to upset what's left of the most active people in your community.