What are you watching?

Gamerbird

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching anime all summer. So far I've watched:

Elfen Lied (By far the best I've ever watched. It's absolutely amazing)

Gunslinger Girl (The second best - very deep show)

Death Note (I actually started watching this a long time ago, but never finished it for some reason)

SaiKano (I watched this a loooong time ago, I just rewatched it. Very depressing, to say the least)

Higurashi (When I started watching it, I did not know that it was 50 episodes. I still watched it all, though. Good show)

Kanon (Ugh! My friend recommended this to me. Very, very lame show. Quite overplayed. I watched the 2006 version, to clarify)

Gantz (Not that good. No real plot, just sex, boobs and violence. And cyberpunk. Rather odd show. I don't recommend it.)

And that's all!

I just finished watching this.

I want my brain back

Even on mute I'm still going to file for brain rape.

I'm just waiting for Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (I'm too young to buy it). I'm about to watch Underworld: Evolution, and yesterday I watched AvP: Requiem (I have a lot of free time).

I finally got to watch Hellboy 2. It was disappointing, but I wasn't surprised at all. Though the costumes and special effects were spectacular, not to mention the martial artist elves, but somehow it was difficult to get emotionally connected with anything or anyone in the film, least of all the main villain, Prince Nuada. One should be both hating him and pitying him, but his fleeting appearances in the film make it difficult to feel any of that. Then he's dead before you can say, "Oh, well, wait, can't he and his sis survived and lived a happy life if Liz just destroyed the crown in the first place?"

Sigh. Prince Nuada is still hot and elves still kick ass.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently watching....

>>Canaan

Very interesting. I highly recommend it..

>>Spice and Wolf 2

Horo. :3 (all that needs to be said..)

>>Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Rei

I've been with Higurashi since season one. But when is someone going to sub the last episode?! >:|

>>Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

I somehow fell very far behind in this series.. But seriously the funniest thing I've seen since RvB..

>>Sweet Blue Flowers

Cute + Yuri = win? :3

>>Shining Tears X Wind

:D

>>Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-

I dropped this show from the last season because I was very busy and only really had time for K-ON!..

Now I'm picking it back up..

>>Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Well, I went into this show expecting the same amazingness as Higurashi...

But... Battler is just pissing me off. >:|

I'm still gonna stick with it though.. I have faith in Ryukishi...

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

It was quite good...

Currently watching,

The news ;).

Doomdsday (Same actress as rise of the lycans)

Blood: The Last Vampire

It had its charms as it wasn't bad, but couldn't be called great.

And I could quite join up Jtnk concerning shows.

Please be warned that I tend to branch off subject a lot.

If you are not happy with this then read no further.

If you are then keep reading.

Currently re-watching Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG and 2nd GIG tv series written and directed by Kenji Kamiyama that is based on the original Ghost In The Shell films.

All of my favourite characters are in the series that were in the original Ghost in the Shell films. My personal favourites though are the quirky Tachikomo robots.

Just to branch off subject. If you are not interested then read no further.

Here is my creed. If you do not have anything to say that is at least slightly constructive or complimentary ... then say nothing.

The following references are about the music within the videos rather than the videos themselves.

Some short videos, if you wish to watch them, but the SAC series is so big that it's hard to choose a single video to refer to.

SAC 1st GIG intro (1m 28s) -

SAC 1st GIG outro MUSIC ONLY (3m 25s) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX4kGhx8Ed4...feature=related

SAC 2nd GIG intro (1m 26s) -

SAC 2nd GIG outro MUSIC ONLY (3m 58s) -

The music tracks within these two series is most wonderful. The above tracks are only a small sample of the excellent music buried within the series.

My MOST favourite track though is from SAC GIG2. It's called 'GET9' and was composed by Yoko Kanno. This is a compilation music video of snippets from both series.

You will not hear the whole thing within the series but it is worth listening out for. This track is soooo good! (4m 47s).

As I mentioned above another thing I like are the Tachikomo robots. There is a series of pre-end title toons that were done. Here is the first one titled 'Reset The World'. Follow the trail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHhSEzwTd1Y

Just to REALLY branch off ... another good track is found in Appleseed. The track is called 'I Would Die For You' by the 'Boom Boom Satellites'. A lot of people seem to think the title is 'I Would Dive For You' but it is actually titled 'I Would Die For You', a translation quirk perhaps?

A compilation video (4m 36s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WE0rrdvBus...feature=related

RECOMMENDED VIEWING - Here is the original live performance by the Japanese group Boom Boom Satellites (7m 3s) :

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyT-mrOOXlA...PL&index=49

YET another track I like is one titled 'Good Luck' by Basement Jaxx featuring Lisa Kekaula. It is the title track to Appleseed. Here is the intro featuring this track:

Live MTV video -

Appleseed title video (Sound track a little crap) -

Enjoy.

Hope these links help at least one person.

Feel free to PM me but I warn you. If it is only to curse at me then you will be equally and nastily cursed at and then reported and then blocked.

Cheers