11th birthday, 1 million NMM unique downloads, and a download overhaul

Dark0ne

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Nexus creators, staff and community :-)

And, did I read that right, $25,000 per month running cost??? Holy cow, did you guys win the lottery or something? Well I'm happy to help out with my premium membership, that is a bigger running cost than I would ever have imagined!

My brother in law, and his wife, gave me Skyrim for a gift one year ( xmas)! I looked at em and said, “are you two outa yer mind and laughed. They said give it a shot so I picked it up few weeks ago and after much head scratchin and tryin to figure out what the hell was goin on I started on steam! Then I kept reading about this Nexus place?? Long story short, yer now my favorite hangout AND home page :) I’m 70 and the health is goin down so imagine my surprise AND delight when I found out that even though I could not take any more long horse trips in the country around where I live I could get on a horse in Skyrim and go camping, “ virtually” ? Totally mind boggling for someone who saw the first Jets fly, the beginning of black and white TV and thought a party phone line was normal. Now my wife is thinkin bout playin just so she can have one of those studly young followers, all decked out in one of those skimpy fur robes….. roflmfao! My pals all laugh at me but wish they had started the computer a bit earlier in life instead of hangin at the bar chansin all them 30 year younger gals cuz Lydia gets em droolin, and there is nothing worse than a toothless ole bugger droolin ? “Hey inj can we come in a watch ya play with Lydia”? “NO ya get my screen all drooly”!!!

The clip clop of the horse hooves, the breath one hears and and the look of the eyes of the horse are so mind jogging. Putting up a camp just like unloading my pack horse, setting a campfire and makin chow all take me back to a kinder, gentler time when a man’s word really meant something and kids pulled up their britches and helped work instead of standin around with their butts hangin out thinkin they had invented life.

Happy Birthday Nexus and thanks for savin and old man’s sanity and givin him something to take his mind off the pain when it hits and those long nights when one can’t sleep. I love all of you folks in the forums and in the comments section and even though I no longer hold out much hope for my nation ya give me hope for my species.

Bless ya, the inj

You are the best, I started with Morrowind when it first came out and have gotten every Elder Scrolls game since. I have watched this site grow and become the best ES resource out there. Major Kudos to you. I think a lot of us have the problem of minimal cash flow, and perhaps I have missed it but is there some way we can have a monthly voluntary subscription, I know I could contribute a few dollars a month, and if there are more who can do that, a small contribution from a bunch of people would go a long way to improving your cash flow. Just a thought, regards, KT