baldur's gate series

josh900

I'm really fond of this game series because it introduced me into the fascinating Faerûn cosmology which I've been enjoying since... now, for me, the best of the game was that crazy warrior and his hamster pet (Minsc and Boo ftw!) the bad, was the fact that you had to use divination spells to watch some of the great ingame artwork at some maps, because certain areas weren't accesible by foot. And the worst, was that you had to wait so long to kick Irenicus's ass (the jerk! I just wish I could have feed him to a phaerimm or something ^^)

I heard that a new game, Dragon Age : Origins, will be released in Q1 of 09, again a bioware release and the game looks good, the good old iso cam is back, but looks much better... I saw some nice combos, like casting grease on the ground then burn it with a flaming arrow :) But the game is in a new setting, not a D&D setting, I am eagerly waiting for the game, maybe this game might be good enough to compete with Baldur's Gate...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Funny statement, a game that will compete with BG? I am just being silly... :)

• 4 weeks later...

I remember how I used to watch my brother play Baldur's Gate 1 and later when I played it myself. It's definetely one of the better games I've ever played and it's place in my heart will always be there.

Me and my friend who has equal love for Baldur's Gate have recently started going through the all series multiplayer. We've finished the first game with the expansion and are now just rising up from underdark.

It is a good way to play a new experience of Baldur's Gate but you'll have to find the perfect partner to play with, wanna play the same type of character/moral/story progress, wanna do the same things etc.

However speaking of games that compete with BG.

Has anyone played Planescape Torment? That game amazing. Black Isles studios aswell.

If you're looking for a gem like Baldur's Gate series, I recommend Planescape Torment.

I can't say it competes with BG, but it's different, with even better dialogues.

Of course! :D Every RPG geek who has a PC over 10 years have tried Torment... I never managed to beat the game but it was great, the written part of the game was fantastic, it would take 2 paragraphs just to describe an ordinary NPC in the game... It was really great and really worth your time...

BTW anyone played Storm of Zehir? The new expansion of Nwn2?

i ran through baldur's gate 2 again over the weekend.i've played this game so many times i've memorized the main quest but it's still fun.that and with the amount of mods i have for it.it's different every time i play it.

......i haven't played Planescape Torment.i get the feeling i missed out on something big :wallbash: .from what i've heard it's a great game.

i ran through baldur's gate 2 again over the weekend.i've played this game so many times i've memorized the main quest but it's still fun.that and with the amount of mods i have for it.it's different every time i play it.

......i haven't played Planescape Torment.i get the feeling i missed out on something big :wallbash: .from what i've heard it's a great game.

Well it is great... you should give it a try...

Btw which mods you have? I installed several mods but couldnt try them out yet, only tried dungeon be gone mod...

dungeon be gone is a very good one.makes starting over alot easier.i hate that first place.

i've got alot of mods for it but some of my favorite mods are.

BG2_tweaks.it adds and changes some rules.

the BanterPack.the party members talk more with it.

unfinished business.that one adds stuff that was originaly taken out of the game.

i've got alot more and most of them work fine.there are some pretty good npc mods too.

Archived