baldur's gate series

josh900

yeah but i heard that it's not going to have anything to do with the first two.it's a completely different storyline.but hopefully the gameplay will be about the same.just updated.

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about Baldur's Gate a lot lately, I found the Throne of Bhaal Expansion recently in a local shop. Since Oblivion is crashing after about one minute of playing right now, Baldur's Gate starts to look more and more attractive. :wallbash:

For me, the Baldur's Gate series was the first contact with mods, Dark Side of the Swordcoast for BG1, the Baldurdash fixes, Solaufin, Kelsey, Improved Bodhi (talk about a tough fight, especially with Solaufin in the group :whistling: ).

Ah, Baldur's Gate. One of the pinnacles of the CRPG Golden Age. I preferred it over Diablo I and II because of the more extensive RPG elements, and it was probably the best of the bunch from its time. Fallout, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Diablo, - They were all superb, but Baldur's Gate was in a league of its own. Still have my old copies of all of them, and I play them from time to time. I'm hoping Diablo III will reintroduce classic isometric CRPGs, I'm having a great bout of nostalgia right now.

Ah, Baldur's Gate. One of the pinnacles of the CRPG Golden Age. I preferred it over Diablo I and II because of the more extensive RPG elements, and it was probably the best of the bunch from its time. Fallout, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Diablo, - They were all superb, but Baldur's Gate was in a league of its own. Still have my old copies of all of them, and I play them from time to time. I'm hoping Diablo III will reintroduce classic isometric CRPGs, I'm having a great bout of nostalgia right now.

dont count on it. its going to be an upgrade of diablo2, just like diablo2 was an upgrade of diablo1

dont count on it. its going to be an upgrade of diablo2, just like diablo2 was an upgrade of diablo1

Judging from what I've seen so far, doesn't seem that way. Better graphics, good gameplay, intriguing features, if it is an upgrade, it's a huge one.

Judging from what I've seen so far, doesn't seem that way. Better graphics, good gameplay, intriguing features, if it is an upgrade, it's a huge one.

oh yeah, dont get me wrong, its going to be awesome! i'll probably end up getting the collector set if they have one. it'll be just as addictive as the 1st and 2nd one was. but, from the game play, it still looks initially like the same thing. i'm not complaining though. i think the basic elements of the game work great, but its not like the classical role playing game. its still action-oriented with rpg elements in it. regardless, i'm looking forward to the game.

i think the basic elements of the game work great, but its not like the classical role playing game. its still action-oriented with rpg elements in it.

I know. It's a shame they're not going to be making a Baldur's Gate 3 anytime soon. :( I'll just have to settle with DIII. Speaking of, I'm surprised they still haven't announced a release date, even though it's probably near post-production.

i think the basic elements of the game work great, but its not like the classical role playing game. its still action-oriented with rpg elements in it.

I know. It's a shame they're not going to be making a Baldur's Gate 3 anytime soon. :( I'll just have to settle with DIII. Speaking of, I'm surprised they still haven't announced a release date, even though it's probably near post-production.

thats Blizzard for you. no release dates until the very last minute.

Yeah, thats what I hate about Blizzard. Actually Diablo is the only franchise I am interested in there, but why do they have to announce their games years, and years before release. I would much prefer they shut up, until they had a reasonable time frame to release. I bet we will be waiting another 3 years till we actually get to play D3

Archived