How do I load a mod with creation kit? And need help with NifOptimizer.

Chaos1929

How do I load a mod up with creation kit so I can make it work with SSE? A bunch of mods haven't been updated for SSE and apparently won't work if I install them normally, I've heard that it uses form 43 and needs to use 44. Whatever the hell that means but I open creation kit and only see Skyrim.esm and the DLC master files.

Also one of the mods that has not been ported for SSE "aMidianBorn Book of Silence" needs optimizing so I can install it. Can someone tell me how to do that too?

I manually downloaded them to start with, unzipped the files opened the entire folder in nifoptimizer and tried to optimize it then zipped it back up is that how I do it? The instructions I read were most likely clear but I'm just stupid, so If somebody could lay it out in the most basic terms I'd be super grateful.

Tho change form-id:

1. Start the CK

2. Press "File" then "Data"

3. In the popup window select the plugin with the wrong form you want to change (Only one plugin!)

4. press "Set as Active File" (you do not have to set masters, the CK will do it for you)

5. press "OK"

6. wait to finish load... now you see in upper left corner the name of the plugin loaded...

7. Press "Save"

8. Exit the CK

- The CK will on save automatic change to the right form.

- Repeat for each plugin with the wrong form

You need to install the mod as if it were an SSE mod. That is the only way to get the plugin to be in the data folder where you need it.

If you use a mod manager, you will need to download manually and import into the mod manager.

After you convert it, you can re-pack it and install that with your mod manager so that any future re-installs or profile changes will not run the risk of wiping out the conversion.

I downloaded it manually and installed it but I'm not seeing anything besides the vanilla master files under data in the creation kit so I'm not sure if it is optimized for SSE. Is this because I'm using MO2 and my skyrim game is on a seperate drive to where the MO2 is perhaps? I don't remember having this much trouble when I installed it last year using NMM, not sure why I'm having trouble now with MO2

Edited by Chaos1929

I have never used MO2. I cannot speak to its behavior. But I would try having MO2 or at least the location it stores the Mod folders on the same drive partition as the game. Could be something to do with the linking process between where MO2 stores the files and how it shares them with the game.

And that is why I hate my SSD it just seems far too small, ok! Time to uninstall some things (Fallout) and start Installing Mods from scratch then! Shouldn't take too long I don't have very many on my list. I appreciate the help.

Still can't seem to figure out how to load a mod through creation kit. Acoording to people online I just need to load it once through creation kit to optimize an ild mod for SSE but I see no way of doing this? What am I missing?