NPC AI Package not moddable?

tyrel68

I am trying to simply take an existing character and mod their ai packages with something new(or even modding the current ai packages). Doing either results in the npc always just doing what he or she originally was programmed to do regardless of what i mod.

I am trying to get Serana to relocate from the dawnguard to the castle. I dont want to just have a duplicate of her as she loses her dialogue.

Basically, you need to make sure that the AI package you want them to use are listed in their data under 'Actors". Remove all the ones that you don't want them to use. After you give them a new package, start the game and select them and type ResetAI, and the package should kick in.

If it doesn't, they are probably meet a specific condition of another AI package that is being used. Like when you try to get your second horse to stay put, but they always try to return to the stables. You need to find that package and put a new condition GetIsActor <NPC> = 0. Make sure the condition is "AND", not "OR". This will tell the package to never use that specific NPC, so your other packages can take effect.

Basically, you need to make sure that the AI package you want them to use are listed in their data under 'Actors". Remove all the ones that you don't want them to use. After you give them a new package, start the game and select them and type ResetAI, and the package should kick in.

If it doesn't, they are probably meet a specific condition of another AI package that is being used. Like when you try to get your second horse to stay put, but they always try to return to the stables. You need to find that package and put a new condition GetIsActor <NPC> = 0. Make sure the condition is "AND", not "OR". This will tell the package to never use that specific NPC, so your other packages can take effect.

Sadly Serana is stil ignoring my demands!!!!

1) moved the proper ai package to the top of her list

2)added the no serana clause to the other two to be sure

3) loaded the game

4) coced to QASMOKE and set timescale to 200000 and let it run for a game year

5) set timescale to 20

6) coced to the castle

7) moved serana back to the castle

8) recycledactor, resetai moved her back to me

9) she walks away from me back to her precious dawnguard :(