Would ESL plugins files work with Oblivion?

zelazko

Callout to @Arthmoor since he has been modding Oblivion and Skyrim and knows the stuff inside out and other senior modders.

/////

I don't mean .esl files I mean .esp files with header flagged as ESL.

Edited by zelazko

As the old game executable doesn't know the new header or file format, I'd suspect it'll treat an ESP flagged as ESL the same as an ESP with invalid characters in its filename, that is, not a valid ESP, and ignore it altogether.

But that's just a guess. I cannot, however, by any means see any way for it working at all.

For historical reference: A pre-1.2 game version silently ignored ESPs created inside a 1.2 version CS already all the time either, just because of the unknown/incompatible version number in its header I guess.

As the old game executable doesn't know the new header or file format, I'd suspect it'll treat an ESP flagged as ESL the same as an ESP with invalid characters in its filename, that is, not a valid ESP, and ignore it altogether.

But that's just a guess. I cannot, however, by any means see any way for it working at all.

For historical reference: A pre-1.2 game version silently ignored ESPs created inside a 1.2 version CS already all the time either, just because of the unknown/incompatible version number in its header I guess.

Decent answer to my question and thanks for the argonian scripted feet mod. :)