Windows 10 Is A No-No

Adipose

Okay, I may be writing through my hat, but as far as I can determine, SkrimSKSE wil NOT run well on Windows t0. My game ran pretty well, not as well as I'd like, but fairly well on Windows 7. Then I built a new comp and installed Win. 10. At that point my game went totally to s...t!!! Apparently the two are simply not compatible. I haven't seen problems like those I'm currently having for about ten years of game play...going back to 'ol Win. 98. Had I known this would happen I'd have simply continued to upgrade components on my Win. 7. Bethesda seriously needs to come out with a solid patch for SkyrimSKSE...or someone does, since Bethesda certainly did not create SKSE to begin with. There is, apparently, a patch available from Bethesda for vanilla Skyrim. Unfortunately, that version of Skyrim is so boring that I won't seriously contemplate going back to that. Besides, I've little confidence in Bethesda's ability to create a Win 10 compatible Skyrim that will work effectively. My take on Bethesda is that they're the masters of the buggy game...vis 76...or so rumor has it. Let's just hope that Fallout 4 is compatible with Win 10. If not, I may well rid my tower of any vestiges of Win 10 and reinstall good 'ol 7. Seriously, I'm pretty much in a mood comparable to a Griz that's just come out of hibernation. If the new comp hadn't cost me so much money, I'd have taken a sledge hammer to the whole thing. I suppose that's what I get for not having done my homework prior to the new construction.

If anyone can refute anything I've just said about Win 10 and Skyrim, I'd love to hear from you. I'd like to have a rope of hope to which I can cling.

Sigh. Apparently Fallout 4 also has problems with Windows 10. Hmm, wonder if Witcher will run on it?

Sorry to hear about your troubles old sport.. I do run the games you mention with win10 and only with slight problems, i would suggest you run them with Win7 compatability settings if nothing else, but i do suspect you might have a faulty copy of win10, Microsoft are notoriously unable to produce any OS that works flawlessly and win10 is the pinnacle of imperfection, I too would prefer to run win7 but I have lost my copy in a recent relocation (movers are rather blasée about packages it seems) and I absolutely refuse to hand over the obscene amount of florins that MS demand for their shoddy products...I do so hope you will be able to correct those inconveniences that MS seems determined to hoist upon its customers... have a nice whatever it is where you are.. Toodles..

Guest deleted34304850

Okay, I may be writing through my hat, but as far as I can determine, SkrimSKSE wil NOT run well on Windows t0. My game ran pretty well, not as well as I'd like, but fairly well on Windows 7. Then I built a new comp and installed Win. 10. At that point my game went totally to s...t!!! Apparently the two are simply not compatible. I haven't seen problems like those I'm currently having for about ten years of game play...going back to 'ol Win. 98. Had I known this would happen I'd have simply continued to upgrade components on my Win. 7. Bethesda seriously needs to come out with a solid patch for SkyrimSKSE...or someone does, since Bethesda certainly did not create SKSE to begin with. There is, apparently, a patch available from Bethesda for vanilla Skyrim. Unfortunately, that version of Skyrim is so boring that I won't seriously contemplate going back to that. Besides, I've little confidence in Bethesda's ability to create a Win 10 compatible Skyrim that will work effectively. My take on Bethesda is that they're the masters of the buggy game...vis 76...or so rumor has it. Let's just hope that Fallout 4 is compatible with Win 10. If not, I may well rid my tower of any vestiges of Win 10 and reinstall good 'ol 7. Seriously, I'm pretty much in a mood comparable to a Griz that's just come out of hibernation. If the new comp hadn't cost me so much money, I'd have taken a sledge hammer to the whole thing. I suppose that's what I get for not having done my homework prior to the new construction.

If anyone can refute anything I've just said about Win 10 and Skyrim, I'd love to hear from you. I'd like to have a rope of hope to which I can cling.

Sigh. Apparently Fallout 4 also has problems with Windows 10. Hmm, wonder if Witcher will run on it?

what problems, specifically, and how do they relate to windows 10?

Agree with above...the only issue I experienced was due to dpi settings and easily fixed, but nothing with skse...so I think there may be something else at fault here.

To respond to all the folks who disagreed with my negatives, you MAY be correct. I uninstalled Skyrim and then downloaded and installed anew. I'm currently up to level eight with four mid to late game followers(I'm making it easy on myself.), who're throwing a lot of magic all over the place. Game is performing flawlessly...so far. I also got rid of most of the complex mods that I'd installed earlier. I'm still running around a hundred...mostly basic immersive like Frostfall, RND, etc. One or more of the more invasive mods must've killed off some basic game files that had a seriously negative effect on the whole system. One thing I should mention though, is that the current setup could not complete the vanilla opening video. In the part where I was staring up at the dragon from the block, right after he arrived, the game would lock up in the familiar bobbing up and down effect and would no longer let me control my character. It did that three times with two different character creations. It was only after I went to the Alternate opening that the game would play through the opener. The vanilla opening has always been a bit buggy, at least back in the early days of play with XP. Hadn't had a problem with it in several years...until I installed 10.

Honestly every time I try to go through the carriage ride I give up...but I had those issues on 7 too, and 8. Was this your first attempt at reinstall? Maybe something got corrupt transferring and thats all it needed.

Yep. First reinstall on the new comp with Win 10. Early on I'd put on several different immersive type mods and the game just went nuts. I had black screen lockup, ctd in many different situations, mauve objects, stuttering in slide show, you name it, if the game could mess up it would do it. I doubt that I'll ever figure out everything that went wrong. On my old windows 7 I'd pretty well ironed out all the kinks, but it didn't run fast enough to make me happy and would still do ctd in fast moving, crowded combat situations. Knock on wood, it seems to have settled down but I"m downloading a complete Witcher3 just to have an alternative in case it starts to mess up again. The test will come at about level forty at which time the old Win 7 install would begin to develop many different problems and start ctds.

Guest deleted34304850

how do you relate the issues you have described specifically to windows 10, which was your first assertion?