Why are multiple accounts so banned

Rabbit1251

Well in that case I won't be contacting Bethesda thinking that they will help deal with somebody selling my work ... all that would do is put my name on their list.

They're just saying they don't want you to sell, or give people permission to sell, your mods. Because they assume that selling them requires the people who're gonna do that to download them from you, you can't permit them to download for a commercial purpose, as a necessary step towards re-selling them with your permission. If they simply download them, and then use it for a commercial purpose without your permission, then you're in the clear.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in that case I won't be contacting Bethesda thinking that they will help deal with somebody selling my work ... all that would do is put my name on their list.

They're just saying they don't want you to sell, or give people permission to sell, your mods. Because they assume that selling them requires the people who're gonna do that to download them from you, you can't permit them to download for a commercial purpose, as a necessary step towards re-selling them with your permission. If they simply download them, and then use it for a commercial purpose without your permission, then you're in the clear.

I believe you are correct. If someone goes behind our backs and sells our work, we can't honestly be held responsible unless we actively encourage / get a cut of the profits. And if we bring someone selling our work to Bethesda's attention and they do nothing, well, then it is up to each mod author to decide what to do then.

Thanks for the explanation Renneer and DoctaSax.

For a long time I wouldn't even consider releasing anything I'd done for the reason that I had spent too much time helping out troubleshooting on other peoples mods and I saw the abuse that some had to put up with. Then I got the idea that perhaps I could accumulate enough Donation points to get a 1 month/supporter membership, so I released a couple. Now I've spent enough time on here to wonder whether or not I want to hang around the next year and a half or two years it'll take to get the points needed.

May just donate the accumulated points and fold up the tent.

May just donate the accumulated points and fold up the tent.

That would be a disappointment to people who got to know you.

And you're fairly personable , so I imagine that would be a fair amount of people.

I cast my black stone to say nay .

Maybe you could think about modding another game or premise :turned:

Or maybe teach what you have learned.

Like I myself found it not hard to move to NV after Fo3

But would I fair as well moving back to Oblivion ?

The old games like the old ones ... will always have the power to draw things in.