Unplayable Crashing in Exterior Cells

Ares1

Okay, an update. I installed several new mods I wanted to try before creating a new character. Everything went smoothly to the point I went to IC. As soon as I enter any interior, the game just crashes - same error (c0000005). Edited by strike667

Okay, an update. I installed several new mods I wanted to try before creating a new character. Everything went smoothly to the point I went to IC. As soon as I enter any interior, the game just crashes - same error (c0000005).

Please create your own issue, and don't hijack threads, you are confusing the original post.

I rebuilt my bashed patch and even cleaned mods that had dirty edits but still no effect. it still crashes

Rebuilt your Bashed Patch? But there was no Bashed Patch in your original post list. <confused>

I'm not hijacking a thread. Considering the OP has the same issue as I have, I don't see a reason to open a new thread. If the topic creator states he has different problems than I have (which he apparently doesn't have), I'll gladly do so.

Also @ OP: Try disabling OBSE, if you have v20.

I'm not hijacking a thread. Considering the OP has the same issue as I have, I don't see a reason to open a new thread. If the topic creator states he has different problems than I have (which he apparently doesn't have), I'll gladly do so.

Also @ OP: Try disabling OBSE, if you have v20.

You may have a similar issue, but each person's setup (game and hardware) are different. You ARE hijacking a thread -- this thread was made by another person, not you. So please, create your own, separate issue.

@ hickory sorry for the confusion when I grabbed my current mod list I forgot to grab the bashed patch in there as well. i had one but I was experimenting to see what was causing the crashes, but anyways I have an update. I just started a new character and my game crashed instantly, I went with my original hunch and removed All Natural from my mod list and the crashing stopped. Well at least when I started a new game, once I get into an exterior cell I think i'll know for sure. With all the fixing I was doing to oblivion I'm thinking I corrupted my old character.

@ Strike I'll try disabling obse but I have mods that rely on it. Unless you mean downgrade to say v.19? Also yes our problems are similar only real difference is I have been having issues in exteriors since day one of my last character.

Also as a final note I do use BOSS as well and have been organizing my load order that's why the crashing issues has completely baffled me. But I'm thinking it was probably character save corruption from all the changing and fixing I was doing to my mods to stop the crashing, guess we"ll see when I get out of the tutorial :P

Edited by Ares1

@ Strike I'll try disabling obse but I have mods that rely on it. Unless you mean downgrade to say v.19? Also yes our problems are similar only real difference is I have been having issues in exteriors since day one of my last character.

Just try to run the game without it (start it with launcher or oblivion.exe). I tried downgrading it to 19, no luck. But when I launched the game w/o OBSE, I haven't had a single crash so far. I've just started a thread about the issue, so if disabling it solves it for you as well, you can keep an eye on the thread for additional help. I would be really glad if it got sorted out, as I don't want to drop the 50% of my mods that need obse in order to function :/

agreed. I'll check adn see if that works so far with out all natural I crashed once; right as I was activating the door to Vilverin (I reactivated all natural but chose the only real lights option) maybe its just not agreeing with all natural all together... though I restarted the game reloaded and proceeded without a crash so far though I'm still in Vilverin. I'm going to try to play the game as long as possible to see how much I crash if it remains the same I'll deactivate ObSE and see if that's the issue... seeing as that solved your problem and ours are pretty similar it may just... only issue is I have a few mods (more than a few actually) that rely on ObSE. I'll also keep an eye on your thread too. who knows maybe we can get our oblivions to function without crashing *snickers* sorry couldn't say that with a straight face :P

..::Update::..

I still crash in exteriors, I'll have to see if disabling ObSE helps....

Edited by Ares1

this sort of requires a new post so sorry for the double post...

ok I tested my game by removing all of my obse files and I still crashed in the same spot I've been testing.... so now moving on to my last options I do have obge and qarls texturepacks on not sure if that matters... I'm now at my wits end this is the third reinstall I've done on this game and I really don't want to reinstall again... I do have a NVidia card its the Nvidia Geforce 550 Ti

..::update::..

I've deleted my ini file and still crashes.... this game is determined to not let me play it.

Edited by Ares1