Warp drive is Possible

Thor.

@Pagafyr: You need to relax. :armscrossed:

You're ranting about us being scared about facts that even YOU don't know anything about and monsters destroying ancient libraries sounds like the ravings of a mad hermit. Your theories aren't intimidating or mind-blowing i've heard it all before, and to be honest I really really could not care less as it isn't my problem. If you wish to rant on about this sort of thing then maybe find a suitable outlet elsewhere.

I made a point to try and stick to the topic started by Thor which was about the discovery of how warp drive has been determined doable and not get sidetracked, and you have intentionally done the contrary while trying to insult the intelligence of others so I suggest quitting before you get too carried away with yourself.

Edited by Ironman5000

Secondly Religion is a theme created by scribes for keeping records of families genealogy and their history. One religion may resemble another, but they are entirely different in respect to their actions throughout their existence.

Sorry to say, but you are incorrect here. While most religious writings and tradition have some aspect of genealogy, Almost all religion is based on philosophic beliefs of the people, and how that group of people used their philosophy and folklore to explain natural occurrences, features about the area around themselves and where their group came from. Just because people lie about their actions, hide facts, or just reverse their order does not make it a grand conspiracy to hide some sort of Martian past. It just makes those people human.

Schools of thought were from Pagan's, dirty uncooth tribes, and many of the tribes of old were like the 1st people in the United States of America we used to call, "indians" because Columbus thought he was in India.

I think you may be ignoring the fact that many of these "pagan" cultures were actually those with the technological and cultural dominance in most of the world at some point. The word "pagan" was used primarily by those of a monotheistic base as a way to separate and diminish the effect of polytheistic cultures. It's right there in the bible as ancient Jews were slaughtering one tribe after another to establish their own homeland in the Middle East using military knowledge borrowed from their time in Egypt. Many of the ancient forts and structures in modern Israel and Jordan show characteristics similar to Egyptian stone masonry.

Irregardless, even if some sort of Martian catastrophe led to humans (and presumably all animal species since we can determine genetic similarities) to travel from Mars to Earth, even as recent as 100,000 years ago, that still places such an event several thousands of years before the first man-made, rock-cut structures. Archaeological record from that time puts most early humans as living in structures made from natural materials, like hide, wood, bone. Almost all of these sites can be dated using either a geologic record or carbon dating, and would be at a time before any evidence of written record. Any culture who would be capable of crossing between planets would not only have a written language (even in the form of graffiti on rocks (Earliest petroglyphs only start appearing about 10,000 ago and are mostly crude depictions of humans and animals instead of abstract symbols used to convey meanings) and as anyone who has ever visited anywhere, people writing things on rocks just because they are there is a natural behavior), but also wouldn't be living in simple huts and wearing animal skins for thousands of years before anyone could be bothered to start piling stones together for better shelter. It doesn't matter what they were running from, things like language and technology are the things that people would pass on to generations for as long as that group managed to live. Instead of this, we have a slow but steady progression of techniques both for establishing a written language, as well as the technology related to creating those things which are required for any society to really exist. This is of course ignoring things like genetic and fossil records, or evidence on Mars that any reasonably advanced society ever existed.

As great an idea it might seem to suggest that humans came from Mars, there just isn't any evidence for it while there is a mountain of evidence against it. Unlike evolution which gives a fairly clear origin to how life came into being, saying we came from Mars only opens up countless other questions regarding origin, and actually does a worse job in explaining things than most religions. I'm sorry to say, but this is tinfoil hat territory for a reason, and has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

The "War of the Gods" fought over prehistoric India (thought to be aliens fighting each other using atomic weapons when viewed in a modern interpretation) has more supporting evidence.

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely amazing stuff, the thought that maybe mankind may venture into another star system, is possibly the greatest single achievement in the whole history of the human race. Of course the places we venture too, may prove to be a let-down, after all Alpha/Proxami Centuri is actually a binary star system , comprising of two white dwarfs, which is exactly the wrong kind of star system to find inhabitable planets in, far too chaotic in nature to of developed stable orbit planets that are in the right place, for any form of inhabitable planet, but saying that once the technology has done it's milk runs, and simply made it to another star system, it would only be a matter of time, before we ventured to further away but more promising systems like Beta Hydrai. I always believed that each star system creates a deep "gravity" well which curved space , and the actual measured distances between systems follow the curved space path, which is far greater distance, than taking a straight path which would involve, removing the space-craft from real space, and travelling in the "void" between separate star systems. A warp drive would negate the need to do this.

This looks promising for Warp drive..

http://www.livescien...xploration.html

and how it might look in space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DhdImUroaE&feature=related

More updates and interviews about warp drive, I'll post as much as i can find on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVkTuFf2QsU&feature=g-vrec

It seems they are on the verge of actually testing this warp drive science out in laboratory soon. Question is when??

Edited by Thor.

If any of you are into some good sci-fi I read a book not too long ago called "Old mans war." Basically the government's of the world banded together with the help of the UN for organization to charter an exploration/colonization group. The group which was controlled by the UN left the planet and centuries later made contact with intelligent aliens. As the story goes, it turns out there is life out there, lots of it. Most of it extremely unfriendly and we Humans had to learn some new tricks on the fly from the few friendly groups of aliens we met. Anyways the UNSC (not halo) in the book becomes far more advanced than any of the nations ever could dream of being back on Earth, and they build a space elevator as a sign of saying "Yeah we own the Earth now, and if any of you want to challenge that go ahead but remember, we built that monostrously large tower that you can't even begin to understand."

The reason its called Old Mans War is because this UNSC takes Old People for their experience and makes them soldiers. I won't disclose how because its integral to the plot but its a great read and I recommend it. On point though, imagine if something like this were to happen. Its sort of inevitable that if the Humans that leave are successful in finding life they will become far more advanced than Humans on Earth. Of course this is assuming we go about colonization without warp speeds.. Time dilation would yield a different result..

Hmm ya but we would have inside agents travelling to other worlds colonized by that UN group and maybe start a war out of jealousy of that colony, thus exploit that colony, if they are not controlled here on earth. If we have manage to get warp drive working, travelling to that colony would almost be like teleportation if the power and speed is unlimited to a point.

if they started bragging of course i can see that happening, if they consider not sharing that technology with the rest fhe populated worlds. Even though they might be at war with other alien races, but i doubt that of course, you never know whats out there.

i can see this kind of thing being a good read book wise

Edited by Thor.