So what are you playing at the moment

Michlo

That looks like fun, Hammonds. I enjoyed the previous one (I think), was it Star Wars Battlegrounds?

The "official" game was called Galactic Battlegrounds and yes, I loved playing that. Worked quite well on a laptop during long flights (kept my mind off the trip...mostly).

While this game engine was being designed, the makers made it compatible with Total Annihilation units and it was called TA Spring. That was the reason I first tried it out. Now they have all kinds of variant games other than the TA game. Oh, the Star Wars items in the picture were initially for Total Annihilation as a mod pack (called SWTA) which translated nicely to the new graphics engine to give it a great make-over.

LHammonds

Playing Warhammer Online; The Age of Reckoning, although currently playing runescape(YES, runescape...) while waiting for a new patch to the actual game I'm interested on. One class(Bitchelf[->Witchelf] anyone?), on the Destruction side(Playing on Order side myself.), is able to kill any other class in the game under 3 seconds, which is enough time for me to target him and die before being able to attack, while playing as a >tank< class, that's what I call f'ed up. Buff their survivability, give a heavy nerfbat hit to dps, if not, I'm moving over to Vanguard.

Hmm, I also gave Oblivion a break(but for longer time, I 1st want to finish my own mods...)

I played Half Life 2 & Ep. 1 & 2 and really enjoyed it. I also finished Portal and Portal Prelude.

So now, I'm playing Tomb Raider Anniversary which really surprised me, I thought after the extremely bad 3rd and 4th part, I wouldn't touch TB anymore, but Legend and Anniversary were to interesting to pass on them.

Also, and you propably can guess, I'm playing Team Fortress 2 which is so fun, I really like it. I actually thought that I would be a good sniper. But now I'm a Medic and from the look of things, not bad at all(at 1st I thought that I would be the worst medic ever...).

Dead Space is also interesting, but I will wait untill I can get it cheaper from ebay. Also, I want to play it patched.

As an update - I've been thoroughly enjoying Dead Space this weekend. I left it for the evening as it is definitely a very atmospheric, creepy game (I continued with The Witcher for whatever play time I had in the day). The controls take a few moments to get used to and have caused some rather heated posts on their official forums but I had no difficulties.

Cheers.

i nearly finshed Mass Effect again but moving on to Crysis Warhead which i have done on detla and god it isnt fun...

Sheppard

Dead Space, huh? I've heard nothing about it besides a recommendation from a close friend. How is she? Though I suppose it can't be too bad at the 'thoroughly enjoyable' level.

System Shock 2 nears completion and so I've decided to break down and buy Fallout 3. I'd decided against it initially based in part on the 'Oblivion with guns' argument, but now I need an expansive game to dull the disappointment associated with KOTOR 3's burial under mmo decadence. Single-player RPGs are a good thing.

Dead Space, huh? I've heard nothing about it besides a recommendation from a close friend. How is she? Though I suppose it can't be too bad at the 'thoroughly enjoyable' level.

System Shock 2 nears completion and so I've decided to break down and buy Fallout 3. I'd decided against it initially based in part on the 'Oblivion with guns' argument, but now I need an expansive game to dull the disappointment associated with KOTOR 3's burial under mmo decadence. Single-player RPGs are a good thing.

Yup, thoroughly enjoyable. hehe

The graphics are just gorgeous. Things like the pop-up video screens when you are getting a message which you can actually pan around, the pop-up map, same deal. There really is no UI as it is built into your suit and I just love that, very clever. There is enough story to be interesting and of course, it is spooky. Some of it seems a little dumbed down and then the next minute you'll find yourself with a challenge.

Last night I had to make my way through a filtration system which consisted of me having to get through tubes of rapidly venting flame/exhaust. I swear I could almost FEEL the flames.

As a feller whose first ever video was what they called back in England "a video nasty" thanks to my best mate's dad owning one of the first video stores.... it takes a lot to make me jump. This game has twice already. heh. It is definitely best played in a darkened room with the volume up.

I must admit, despite it being published by the hated and evil EA, I have to highly recommend this game.

As for Fallout 3, I never played the first two and it still isn't appealing to me for some reason. Perhaps I'll take a look down the road.

Cheers.

Archived