LHammonds

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warzone 2100 Portable - Download

- Genre: Strategy

- Size: 48 MB (545 MB with optional HiRes Videos)

- NOTE: This is like Command & Conquer and has multi-player ability.

One of my personal favorites: Soldat. I had tons of fun with this one all through-out my high-school years.

Iji.

http://64digits.com/users/ultim8p00/iji_screen1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33mxD4FjD3w&fmt=18

It looks pretty simple but it's a very good game and the combat effects are pretty spectacular. And it has a nice story which even changes if you play it as a pacifist instead of shooting everyone.

Iji.

It looks pretty simple but it's a very good game and the combat effects are pretty spectacular. And it has a nice story which even changes if you play it as a pacifist instead of shooting everyone.

This often seems to be the benefit to games which are less visually appealing and/or immersive in their interface. If they spend less time on the visual aspects (or the rendering, controls, etc) there usually seems to be more focus on developing an immersive and responsive plot.

This often seems to be the benefit to games which are less visually appealing and/or immersive in their interface. If they spend less time on the visual aspects (or the rendering, controls, etc) there usually seems to be more focus on developing an immersive and responsive plot.

It also allows for fun physics effects. :D

Added pic for extra coolness.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just coming here to post the link to where you can download MechWarrior 4 and got beat to the punch. :thumbsup:

I cannot download the file yet and still looking to see if anyone has uploaded it somewhere else (1.7 GB)

EDIT: I finally got it to download. Their MTX (a.k.a. bittorrent client) program is a complete DOG! It acts like it has mental retardation issues...takes a long time to load up, has resource issues, kinda works / kinda doesn't. It may be having server issues but it shouldn't make the client act like it is spinning its wheels so badly that it fails to respond to the OS for minutes at a time. I'm keeping the .mtx file safe so if I have to reload it, the utility can simply load the file rather than downloading it again.

After I got it installed, I found that it will not work on my system because of a CD-Check that says "insert disc 2"...the only thing you need to do is edit the 3 or 4 registry entries to point the "CDPath" variable to your DVD-Rom drive....only thing is that I don't have a working DVD drive at the moment. DoH! I'll have to see if Daemon tools can save the day here.