Console text size

Flattired

There has to be someone who can answer this question. Since Bethesda did away with i console textsize =. They have to be doing it some way. I'm having to run a low res, just to read it. Which is a boomer. I like playing mods which changes the game play. So I need one of the smart mod experts to show me the way. oh and thanks to the 10 people who did read the post.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

There has to be someone who can answer this question. Since Bethesda did away with i console textsize =. They have to be doing it some way. I'm having to run a low res, just to read it. Which is a boomer. I like playing mods which changes the game play. So I need one of the smart mod experts to show me the way. oh and thanks to the 10 people who did read the post.

If I try to use this I can't go bigger than that other wise texts would get cut off like this

I just wonder what's real fix to 4k screen users

I also tried more informative console and it just blank out for some reason so I am stuck with MFG

unknown.png

Is it only certain mods causing this or it it vanilla sky rim. If it is your normal sky rim you may try adjusting the DPI settings. Right click on the Sky rim exe, select properties, select compatibility, select Change high DPI settings, mine is top check box unchecked, bottom box checked and Application has been selected. If your set up is the same then it`s not this and the answer lies elsewhere.

I've been using these settings in Skyrim.ini for 1080p:

[Menu]
iConsoleHistoryCharBufferSize=32768
iConsoleSizeScreenPercent=75
iConsoleTextSize=16
The large buffer size helps a lot when there are a 100's of lines of text, then you use PgUp and PgDn keys to move through the text in the console.
I don't know what the OP meant by "since Bethesda did away with i console textsize=". I played Enderal a couple of days ago and the console text was much larger, so I'm pretty sure that property is still working or I'd be seeing larger console text in the SSE console. It's possible something else is affecting the size, but I don't recall doing anything else.
Edited by blitzen

I recently had an experience with small text. I updated to the latest Nvidia driver and did the recommended changes for SSE. When I opened the game the text looked so small, everything was slower, and there was even the dreaded god rays.

When I went into the vanilla start menu I realized that it was set to 4K and god rays was turned on. I fixed those two errors and the game looked normal again.

• 2 years later...

@Blitzen has, for me, the best solution. All I wanted was larger font so I just used "iConsoleTextSize=30" and that worked. Don't forget to put "[Menu]" above that.

I recently had an experience with small text. I updated to the latest Nvidia driver and did the recommended changes for SSE. When I opened the game the text looked so small, everything was slower, and there was even the dreaded god rays.

When I went into the vanilla start menu I realized that it was set to 4K and god rays was turned on. I fixed those two errors and the game looked normal again.

If you have NVidia GeForce and you change your settings, I found it rewrites Skyrim.ini so you have to input the change to your console again. Thanks @Blitzen, good on ya.