How do I restore original Main Menu video and sound?

Murielkai

Hey, so I installed OR, didn't like it so uninstalled it by following all the advice I could find and just can't find a way to restore my title screen. There is no original map image and no music.

I resorted to deleting everything in the Oblivion folder, deleted the original ini file, did a thorough search of OR on my entire harddrive and deleted everything I could find, deleted everything associated with OR from Vortex, reinstalled Oblivion (via Steam), double checked I have the original music and video files in the right folders (all is present and correct) and still no joy. I tried manually installing modded versions of the music and title screen from Nexus and they don't work either.

I have an old harddrive that I was running vanilla Oblivion from previously and have compared all of the folders and files to this new install and it is IDENTICAL.

I'm totally stumped.

If anyone can solve this issue for me I'll give them a cookie.

Edited by alicestarlachan

When you say "deleted the original ini file" are you talking about Oblivion.ini (found in your Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\ folder) or are you talking about Oblivion_Default.ini (found in your game's Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder)?