Rep System gone.

Deleted2547005User

I noticed the rep system went gonzo today. I thank the nexus staff for getting rid of the system. It was a good system up until it was used as a trolling device.

Thank you guys.

I do wonder though, how do premium/supporter mod authors hide comments in our file threads? I do have a mod with several hidden comments, and when I checked them after the rep system was removed they were still hidden, saying that a moderator or the mod author had hidden the comments. But I see no way to hide such comments. Is this no longer available for mod authors, and left solely up to the moderators to do this, or is this system not implemented yet? Or am I simply a pikey and do not see it?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the rep system went gonzo today. I thank the nexus staff for getting rid of the system. It was a good system up until it was used as a trolling device.

Thank you guys.

I do wonder though, how do premium/supporter mod authors hide comments in our file threads? I do have a mod with several hidden comments, and when I checked them after the rep system was removed they were still hidden, saying that a moderator or the mod author had hidden the comments. But I see no way to hide such comments. Is this no longer available for mod authors, and left solely up to the moderators to do this, or is this system not implemented yet? Or am I simply a pikey and do not see it?

I noticed it was gone the other day and then back and now gone again, I don't care much myself for it being gone at all, the system was not the problem, the Trolls are the problem.

And I didn't know if it was my Java update that killed it off for me or not, so I just reported it missing as I reported a Troll.

But I thank you for your post because now I know it was not my Java update that killed it. lol

I hope they bring it back, I think it worked Great.

I think it will be more of a problem not having it, because now Trolls will have to be Reported when they are seen instead of the Rep System just hiding their Troll posts from view, in every case.

That will in the end create more work for the Moderators having to review all of those reports.

Anyway like I said I am Glad I saw your post so I know it was not my Java update that killed it just for me, Thanks. :)

OK, so I'm not the only one wondering about it.

Seems as if, as soon I'm gone for a couple of days, strange things happen.

I hope it will be up again. I like to use it to show my appreciation of a good comment -wether to my own picture, or to somebody elses. After all, we're only allowed a limited amount of Kudos, so I think it's an excellent way of saying "nice one -pat on back" to someone :thumbsup:

I'm aware of the trolls. But I guess that's one of the prices you have to pay when you have this much freedom of speech/writing. And to me it's a small one. Though I know some people feel pretty bad if they get flamed for something they put a lot of work and thought into -and I don't blame them! But still.......

The simple solution is to bring back a feature we did have for a while and should never have been removed in the first place: the ability to delete posts. The rep system is useless anyway, you can still view the offending post if you click on the link, what was the point in that? Edited by VictoriaG

The reputation system was told to be removed, the post hiding for Premium members was told to stay.

Of course now that the reputation system is gone the post hiding has to be reintroduced a different way first.

I'd say give it some time and wait for the official announcement of what was changed before starting the complaints.

I think that this is a HUGE mistake in removing the Rep system.

The Very First Thing that I have noticed is in the very few days that is has been gone, is a daily upsurge in people being Assholes, and purposefully antagonistic and Troll-like in posting.

Because they now know that there is no immediate remedy, to their Troll comments, except The Report Button.

I just left an image posted by My Friend Bernt, as my second example in the past two days.

So in my opinion as a Premium member of this site for the past several years.

What you have done in removing the Rep system, is to pit the people that have enjoyed this site The Most, as demonstrated by either being a supporter or a premium as myself, against the rising daily tide of Trolls in these type of threads.

So my question to you is this one.

What would you like us to do, we people that are Paying members of this site, would you like us to just click the Report Button, for each Idiot that makes a post that Clearly should not have been posted in the first place?

When we had the Rep System that sort of thing took care of its self as members voted such posts in to Lower Depths Of The Planes Of Oblivion, and moved on.

Now we have no such option.

The First Trend I am seeing in the removal system is to Feed The Trolls, which I know you should not do, but is Very Difficult to resist by people that Enjoy this site very much and have been here for years and Paid To Do So.

Nobody likes to be a Tattler running to Mum and Dad to inform you what Little Billy The a**hole Troll has just shat into your image post that you have spent several Hours in getting just perfect enough to post.

And in some cases have been posting and cultivating the story line for many months and in some cases years, Jonas66 for example.

So in My View as a Premium Member of this site for over 6 years, (10-August 06), is that you have Broken Something, That In No Way What So Ever Needed Fixing.

With the Rep System, it was somewhat self policing, and only the most Difficult Trolls had to be addressed by a Moderator, now that is no longer the case.

The gloves are off now and people that have been friends and supporters of each other and This Site will come to the aid of those friends by Actually Making Posts, in a greater frequency against the Antagonist Troll.

Now I know that was done with the Rep System in place, but not to the Frequency that you will see now.

In the past most people would just down vote it and move on, but no more.

It is every person for themselves now, with friends coming to the aid of others that they Know and Respect, pitted against every smart-assed Jerk that now can clearly see that they can post and say what every they want.

So Big Mistake in my view as a Premium in removing the Rep System.

I hope you take it back to what we had soon.

Thank You. :)

The rep system isn't on the New Vegas site, but is still on the Skyrim site. Skyrim is usually the last to be updated.

There was a discussion - and jim_uk can back me up - about supporters and premium members being able to delete posts in their threads. The topic wasn't started by Admins but by someone who wanted to be able to prevent certain people from posting on their threads. Granted we all believe that to be an injustice - if someone has it out for you, report them, don't just prevent them from commenting - we started shifting toward an ability to simply delete the comments we didn't approve of. Problem was, that system itself could have been more abused by Trolls than the rep system was, and the resulting reports on said Premium/Supporter by upset commenters would spell a headache for the Admins.

Edited by Kuroitsune

Because they now know that there is no immediate remedy, to their Troll comments, except The Report Button.

Then use the Report Button, that is the proper way to deal with trolling, starting an up and down repping war is no kind of a remedy. If anything I believe the repping system was nothing but a form of covert trolling and plain childish spite. I have been downrepped for things like politely pointing out a problem or query I have had with a mod (the rabid fanboism since Skyrim has been something to behold), and for querying what someone meant by "I don't have the Steam version of Skyrim". The rep system could too easily be abused to have a pop at someone with whom you disagree rather than trying to present a coherent counter.