Unable to choose download mirror

Sename

Hello Everyone

I am unable to choose a download mirror when attempting to download files manually. The download mirror box comes up for less than a second and is then covered or replaced by a plain white box. This is not the "preparing to download" window, but a blank white one. I'm using Firefox and it has worked fine with this site for about a month. Does anyone know what is going on here or have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Hello Everyone

I am unable to choose a download mirror when attempting to download files manually. The download mirror box comes up for less than a second and is then covered or replaced by a plain white box. This is not the "preparing to download" window, but a blank white one. I'm using Firefox and it has worked fine with this site for about a month. Does anyone know what is going on here or have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Restart Firefox with all add-ons disabled, and try again. If that works, you need to check which add-on is causing the issue, and tweak/remove.

I think "No Script" or whatever it's called can cause issues like that.

Any idea where I can get this "NoScript" or how to get rid of it, Manually downloading I've always had to click 2-3 times to get a download mirror to show since they chopped the sides off the NV site 12 months ago to make my widescreen monitor into an iPhone display, I could live with that, I even been through a complete Windows XP reinstall, changed ISP's and the problem has persisted on both my PC and Laptop. But at least it was working, sometime over the last 2 weeks nothing has changed at my end but now it seems I can't download anything at all from Nexus, I just get a square black box with a little X in the top right corner. Every other website, gamesite, forum I use is behaving just fine, it's got my stuffed, and I'm not going to bother with NMM, FOMM is fine for me, any ideas would be great. :)

Hmm getting this if it means anything to anyone

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET4.0E; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)

Timestamp: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:24:35 UTC

Line: 2

Char: 98

Code: 0

URI: http://tags.pubgears.com/nexusmods/ros/728x90/openx_int_1

Edited by ozziefire

It's an add on for Firefox and possibly Chrome, you would have had to add it yourself so chances are you haven't got it.

Nope, I'm using IE8 I think, interesting enough I've just found I can download some files ok but not others, it seems the ones that don't ask for a mirror work so far.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name ACME-93B53DE3A3

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model EP45T-DS3R

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2400 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F2, 18/06/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

User Name ACME-93B53DE3A3\P-A

Time Zone E. Australia Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 2.04 GB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 5.09 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

I'm using IE8, and I have the same problem - it just started up a week or so ago. If I right-click on the file name and open a new window, I can get the download servers just fine, but clicking directly opens up a small, blank window.

Aha, I' never thought to try opening a new tab and downloading in there, that seems to work, though I still have to click once to get permissions then again to download, but I can put up with that till the next "update" that requires me to flush the toilet at the same time as hitting the download button under a flull moon :)

It's a bit slack when a simple download link becomes inoperable to one of the major browser systems on the web.

Edited by ozziefire