Idea for fast travel or dimensional home

Zahnrad

First off, I apologize if what I suggest isn't as easy to code as I think (I'm not a coder by any means)

There are a few mods (most memorable being Dimensional Door perk from Ordinator) in which you can summon a door that can teleport you to a destination you chose as your home.

I've always liked the idea of a teleportation system or method of traveling home using something that fits more into something mundane (though the ordinator perk is far from mundane looking)

Originally my idea was casting a spell on any regular door to enchant it into a temporary or permanent entry/exit point from wherever you wish to travel to and from, and to disenchant it to make it normal again. Making it feel more immersive to the world.

Issues I can see with this idea, is I'm unsure if such a spell (if even possible) would be compatable with every door in Skyrim, then there's the issue of unique door models added by Mods, or even worse. In a location with no doors at all.

My second idea which I feel loses a bit of immersion but would be more accessable would be Summoning doors (yes, like before) except, instead of the doors being free-standing in the open, they require to be casted upon a surface, such as a wall. Perhaps the Rune spells might be able to make this work. Using vanilla doors as their apperance. Anyone talented enough might even be able to allow the player to use different door models, instead of the same one everytime. (e.g. you could try to blend the door into the enviroment more, or if no walls are around. Using a trap door on the floor.)

Similar to tent mods, you would simply have a spell to despawn it when you are done.

I can imagine placement isn't always perfect and the doors may be a few inches in the ground or a few inches from the floor, but still on the wall. But I think that amusingly would add to the charm.

I think this may be possible, there was something like this in Morrowind. If I remember correctly you could buy scrolls that would transport you from any location to the nearest temple and thenlet you return to your original location one scroll one use. Also there was a quest mod that activated a fast transport system built, if I remember correctly, by the dwemer.