Do i need to install mods for very first gameplay?

OtongCoeg

Just bought fallout 4 today and still downloading the game, while waiting the game ready, i am looking for mods to install but can't decide what mods should i install for first gameplay, and i am start to thinking, do i really need to install mods for my first gameplay? Or maybe i should just install unofficial patch and play the game without mods at all then start installing mods for second gameplay?

What do you guys think ?

Go just with the Unnoficial.

Because you will not understand yet how important and how much some things needs to be fixed and improved if you don’t taste the raw.

You will neve be able to fully appreciate a wonderful complex wine if that is the very first wine you’re drinking.

But, do like this:

- start with the unofficial only.

During the game everytime you think something is bad or could be better, look at Nexus.

One of the most pleasant things is to molding the game like you play.

Maybe in 10mins you will realize Scrap Everythjng is a must, maybe not, maybe you need a better UI for items sorting, maybe not...

Good luck!

Just bought fallout 4 today and still downloading the game, while waiting the game ready, i am looking for mods to install but can't decide what mods should i install for first gameplay, and i am start to thinking, do i really need to install mods for my first gameplay? Or maybe i should just install unofficial patch and play the game without mods at all then start installing mods for second gameplay?

What do you guys think ?

Thanks for the reply. Before i start installing unofficial patch, do i need to install any other mods first? or i can just copy and paste the unofficial patch to fallout folder and play the game?

1. You need to play the game on itself first, dun install mods, so that you know what the original game is and what mods are.

2. In your second playthrough, install mods, tinkle around, experience a few more bugs and glitches and the random CTDs.

3. In your third playthrough, you will have a set of "ESSENTIAL MODS" and a few "FUN MODS". It is in your third playthrough, you experience the most fun.

4. In your fourth playthrough, you will then find out which "LEISURE MODS" are best for you (mods that make your lives easier).

5. In your fifth playthrough, you will son get bored with the game (then return once in a few months to check for new mods).

6. You won't bother to do a sixth playthrough, but play FO1, FO2, FO3 and FO New Vegas to know about the Fallout lore (which has "mutated" since FO3).

Mods that are really really god and WILL NOT CAUSE problems for you.

1. Heather Casdin (companion mod)

2. Ellen the Cartographer (companion mod)

3. T0-R1 (companion mod)

4. Blood Rose (companion mod)

5. Veronica Santangelo (companion mod)

6. F4-111 (companion mod)

7. CBBE for Fallout5.

8. The Wild Wasteland (Treasure hunting mod)

9. Boss Chests Contain Legendaries (Treasure hunting mod)

10. Tribal Power Armour (Adds raiders and beautiful power armor to the Commonwealth)

Edited by leisuresuitberry

Better stay away from the unofficial patch. It itself has reached bethesda level of bugginess by now. ATM it is breaking certain parts of Nuka World, and I don't even know if they even acknowledged that it's their fault yet. Even less when a fix will be available, if ever.

However, if you are planning on playing survival, you should definitely get the mods to unlock the console an real saving. Console, because you will run into something where you'll need the console to fix it eventually, and saving because the game will be CTDing.

edit: https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5518-ufo4p-breaks-nuka-world/ they actually did acknowledge it. And there is even an ETA of sorts. Still, some trust has been lost.

Edited by pra

just play unmodded, write down the things you don't like, search nexus and or any other modding site to see if you can find that wat you wana change

forget the unofficial patch just like pra say its bugged and break more then it fix, i refuse to use it, after he started to break things(changed things that where not bugged and or broken) in old skyrim, and my sse/fo4 runs fine without it

sort of golden rule, always start a game as intended, then you see wats it have to offer, and or wat you want to change, or better

I was trying to be agnostic on my first post, and giving him the hint of start plain, but PLEASE go improving along the way... do the whole game with no mods, it is not the best...

I bet all of you guys here, can't consider playing FO4 with a handfull of 5 to 10 must haves. He needs to create his, but go adding..

I think this guy here made a VERY good video about it, a little outdated now, but might give some good ideas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DsRlg3WUP8

(i dont agree a 100%, but its a good start, watch around some of the "essencial" mod videos, helps a lot to find out)

best

my mod list, haf disable, and as you can see not 1 must have, or you must consider cbbe as must have, i can easely remove it to, and go back to vanilla body

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCWorkshop01.esm
*DLCCoast.esm
*DLCWorkshop02.esm
*DLCWorkshop03.esm
*DLCNukaWorld.esm
*mcgFemaleWalk.esp
*TinaDeLucaSettlerVoiced.esp
# *Green Commonwealth.esp
# *AA FusionCityRising.esp
# *OutcastsAndRemnants.esp