Hearthfire is out for PC!

Tarm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it's a buggy mess. I guess that proves it ;) Edited by cherom

I heard it's a buggy mess. I guess that proves it ;)

Well :( maybe it's just a mod that is causing this problem... But I really really don't feel like uninstalling mod by mod to find out which one it is. Ugh.... should have waited :P

I also feel it'll provide a better base for similar mods, or other scripting and whatever else. And I'm of the opinion I'd rather use a DLC than a mod. Not because modders aren't good, but because the DLC is a common base to work from. As well, a fact I wish were different, but there are a lot of things we can't add in mods that Bethesda can with DLC/updates. At least add the right way.

Plus, I just want it, looks fun.

I got it right away. 5 bucks? Hell yeah.

Although my character is broke right now. I suspect I'll have to wait a while before being able to afford this new house.

Did you get approached by a courier and given the letters needed to start the quest? Cause that won't happen for me.

Edited by Togetic

Axlrocks is spot on. There is no doubt that it's a good thing for the community. Just how much remains to be seen, but it's certainly a good thing. The fact that it expands on the main game, rather than shooting you off to a distant land like most dlc, means that it might end up having a greater ripple effect on mods in general.

I got it right away. 5 bucks? Hell yeah.

Although my character is broke right now. I suspect I'll have to wait a while before being able to afford this new house.

Did you get approached by a courier and given the letters needed to start the quest? Cause that won't happen for me.

Yeah. I was walking through Winterhold when the courier ran up to me. I'm very important. I have lots and lots of mods running too.

Honestly, the only reason I'm even considering getting Hearthfire is for the new foods / cooking recipes. Everything else that it adds has already been done better by mods.

Got it. Ran it with over 100 mods. Ran into the courier in Riverwood. Got pass the Guardian Stones going towards Falkreath...bam! Crash. Every time. Must be a mod. Which is funny because I was just playing this yesterday before the DLC and was running smoother than water on glass. Now this. Guess I have to wait for SKSE to update or just start removing mods which I do not want to do.

EDIT - Also tried running it without SKSE. BAM! Still crashed!