Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I retextured the Witcher shields, I found that the models were overly reflective/glossy in the actual game. Never managed to find out why, but I suspect it was not done intentionally by redxavier.

I think it's because of the way Skyrim handles normal maps, but honestly i know doodly squat about skinning and maps and stuff. It's easy to tone down the glossiness in nifskope, though.

Edited by trold

When I retextured the Witcher shields, I found that the models were overly reflective/glossy in the actual game. Never managed to find out why, but I suspect it was not done intentionally by redxavier.

I think it's because of the way Skyrim handles normal maps, but honestly i know doodly squat about skinning and maps and stuff. It's easy to tone down the glossiness in nifskope, though.

Two steps.

Set the Normal Map to your model via NiTriShapeData if it hasn't been done already by changing the "1" to "4097" on BS Num UV Sets. Then Spells -> Update all Tangent Space.

Under BSLightingShaderProperty, change the Specular Strength (Which is generally set around 3) to something between 0.1 and 1.0.

I've forgotten, do crossbowmen have a kettle helm with coif in the mod, yet? For example:

http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_2009_07_14__10_40_39/1.jpg56929074-f9f3-4a27-b290-4ccfe4994dc7Larger.jpg

I made one using DejaWolf's mount & blade helmet resource pack (which he kindly gave me permission to) but I never uploaded it to the nexus because I did such a hack job of it. I retextured Witcher5688's great blue stripes light armor to make what I felt was a pretty decent crossbowman outfit. Here's a picture of it ingame.

http://i.imgur.com/QzV1s3l.jpg

Maybe it could be used for inspiration.

Edited by Waffenbaum

I planed to try to create a armor with an kettle helmet, i like this kind of armor and the mod needs more of them. ^^

Just saw the solitude guard and crossbowman with this helmet art.

Btw waffenbaum can u send me the complete dejawolf mod?

Don't know why but i can't dl it... :D

Btw are you from germany?

Oh last thing: ludd i need a new file, the uploaded one is broken.

And pls upload dds files and not psd files;)

Also did you think about a parvise shield for the heavy imperial knight?