Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

Just wanted post one suggestion for your stand alone mods. Is there possibility that armors could be added to some merchant rather than crafted. Crafting menus are really cramped already. Also because all mods there are seem to add their armors as craftables it increases problem. Skyrim also needs more gold sinks to make money more usefull. These kind special armors would be excelent way to introduce gold sinks.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actus i have seriously gained mad respect for you over the course of this Project. Really hope to hear from you in the gaming industry one day!

My ideas of how I like things to look is the only real credit I am due, of course as long as you subscribe to my re-imagining of Skyrim..

And I gained respect for his monkeys

Always respect the monkeys!

He does'nt use monkeys, he uses the Witcher 2 resources that were given to us by the Witcher 2 developers(CDProjectRED), ported by L0rd0fWar, then given to us as resources to play with and other created 3d models like niveas cloaks has been used, it's not like he models evertthing from scratch, so no monkey slaves i asure you..or well i can't be sure, but im pretty sure he can do the retextures and model modification on his own without beeing a demigod or a evil genious with monkey slaves. His faster than most modders on re-textures and modifications of models, i'll give him that. :)

This is outlined on the 1st page and on the main page of every mod I release, it probably did need stating again. So far I have made very few models from scratch and no outright armour sets. If I were making each one of these from scratch I would most likely still be on my 1st armour..lol..

There will be some completely new components and already has been one or two new texture (bits)..

But essentially all the hard work was done by CD Projekt RED..

Ported over by L0rd0fWar as said, along with AlphaWolf and my self..

However, its not all just there game ready once I put them together, I still have to reskin them which is probably the most time consuming.. do a tonne of Nifskope (the more objects the more work) and do the weight sliders, I don't count re-texture as work as I absolutely love doing it..

Just wanted post one suggestion for your stand alone mods. Is there possibility that armors could be added to some merchant rather than crafted. Crafting menus are really cramped already. Also because all mods there are seem to add their armors as craftables it increases problem. Skyrim also needs more gold sinks to make money more usefull. These kind special armors would be excelent way to introduce gold sinks.

I will not be doing this, as I don't have the time to spend away from working on the main project, however I remember Necrocytosis volunteering to do some CK work a while ago, not sure if your still interested..

If he's not and no one else wishes to volunteer, then I am afraid they will stay confined to the Smithy..

Only in the final package will work like this be done by me.. sorry..

Some of the textures look very low res, but I love it otherwise and will probably use it still, because I love the idea.

What is your plans for the Blades, though? Samurai guys will look funny in the midst of this, no? Also, I was a bit disappointed with the Greek for the empire, it seems out of place somehow. Isn't there a lore alphabet that would suit better?

I really like the Cleric armour.

Just wondering if it is intentional, that the scullcap takes up the 'ring' slot.

I was monkeying around in the CK, and found that the 'ears' slot can be used instead.

Also the skullcap clips with a lot of the hairmodels, but I guess that's a tradeoff of the way it works now.

I must admit the biped slots are a bit of a mystery to me.

Edited by trold

Some of the textures look very low res, but I love it otherwise and will probably use it still, because I love the idea.What is your plans for the Blades, though? Samurai guys will look funny in the midst of this, no? Also, I was a bit disappointed with the Greek for the empire, it seems out of place somehow. Isn't there a lore alphabet that would suit better?

Can you be more specific? Re: the low res textures?, I have not settled on what I want to do with the blades yet. Do you know of a more lore friendly alphabet suitable for the Imperials?..

I really like the Cleric armour. Just wondering if it is intentional, that the scullcap takes up the 'ring' slot.I was monkeying around in the CK, and found that the 'ears' slot can be used instead.Also the skullcap clips with a lot of the hairmodels, but I guess that's a tradeoff of the way it works now.I must admit the biped slots are a bit of a mystery to me.

Yes, unfortunately.. I am currently using an older version of the Nif import/export script for 3DS Max as it is more stable and this means there are less Biped objects to choose when setting up the BSDismemberment modifier..

If anyone knows a way to change this in Nifskope it would be much appreciated..

I will be releasing an optional file at some point tomorrow where the Helm and skullcap/liner are both just one item..

I was a bit disappointed with the Greek for the empire, it seems out of place somehow.
Cyrodiil was going to be a hybrid Greek/Ming Dynasty setting with immense jungles and dragon motifs everywhere. The only reason the are dressed like they are in Oblivion is because nobody paid attention to the Morrowind in-game lore/books and probably assumed that because Cyrodiil was the "middle" province, they made it generic as all hell. Credos Empire outfits are a reaction to this; I'd rather see some Witcher stuff combined with the preexisting Vanilla Empire armor than having them haul around in brightly colored leotards. Realistically, the Empire is spread out all over the place trying to fend off the Aldermeri Dominion while also dealing with the Civil War in Skyrim. Because of this, their supplies are low and it doesn't make much sense to have heavily plated armored soldiers in the battlefield. It looks cool, but realistically and economy-wise, its impractical.

The Stormcloak armors look nice though; like some peasants just slapped on some gear over their normal work clothes and picked up an axe off to face the Empire. As for the Blades, I'd leave em as-is, because iirc the Witcher 2 has hardly anything really oriental looking. Can't wait to see what he comes up with in terms of mage robes/vigilant armors.

Do you know of a more lore friendly alphabet suitable for the Imperials?..

Latin Edited by somevagrant

I was a bit disappointed with the Greek for the empire, it seems out of place somehow.
Cyrodiil was going to be a hybrid Greek/Ming Dynasty setting with immense jungles and dragon motifs everywhere. The only reason the are dressed like they are in Oblivion is because nobody paid attention to the Morrowind in-game lore/books and probably assumed that because Cyrodiil was the "middle" province, they made it generic as all hell. Credos Empire outfits are a reaction to this; I'd rather see some Witcher stuff combined with the preexisting Vanilla Empire armor than having them haul around in brightly colored leotards. Realistically, the Empire is spread out all over the place trying to fend off the Aldermeri Dominion while also dealing with the Civil War in Skyrim. Because of this, their supplies are low and it doesn't make much sense to have heavily plated armored soldiers in the battlefield. It looks cool, but realistically and economy-wise, its impractical.The Stormcloak armors look nice though; like some peasants just slapped on some gear over their normal work clothes and picked up an axe off to face the Empire. As for the Blades, I'd leave em as-is, because iirc the Witcher 2 has hardly anything really oriental looking. Can't wait to see what he comes up with in terms of mage robes/vigilant armors.
Do you know of a more lore friendly alphabet suitable for the Imperials?..
Latin

Really? I was looking over the UESPWiki and couldn't find much reference to that, I'm certainly not calling you a liar, however I am glad that they ignored this lore though..

I would argue about Cyrodiil in Oblivion being generic, I loved some of the differences in the towns, Chorral and Bravil were awesomely different IMO..

I get what your saying re the Empire is waning, however an Empire as great as the Cyrodilic one even when a shadow of its former self would still be immensely rich, I point you to the real life shadow of the Roman Empire i.e. the Byzantine Empire. Whilst meagre in power when compared to the old Roman Empire it still had great wealth and was able to field well equipped and trained men (just nowhere near as many as before)..

The Blades will be changed, and I now have some solid ideas, however I see them being amongst one of my greater challanges and will require far more work on new meshes and textures from my brother and I.

As for Latin.. I disagree, Latin is no more lore friendly than Greek, they are both real world languages and equally unfriendly to any fantasy setting, just because Beth made a poor attempt on basing the Cyrodilic Empire on the Roman Empire does not mean Latin becomes more lore friendly, not in my book at least.

I do agree that Greek is a poor choice, but when I chose this alphabet I had no idea it was the actual Greek alphabet, I recognised some of the symbols, omege, beta etc etc, but was not aware that it was the full alphabet. It was listed as "Symbol" in Photoshop and I just liked the look of it.

Now as far as using another language, I am certainly open to ideas, if anyone can post and examples of the Imperial alphabet I would be most grateful, however I am not J.J. Tolkein and so do not have the ability to create my very own working a language for the purpose of the mod.

Saying that.. maybe I can create a fictional alphabet, just using the same linguistic rules as the English language, i.e. ABC etc but fictional letters to replace these..

This I woulld like to turn over to you guys for some ideas, if anyone wishes to design some letters and post here that would be great..

I'd love to see a variation of this mod when its released that only affects the empire, stormcloaks and townguards if possible or at all in your future plans. Fantastic work either way. =)

Only? You mean no vanilla replacers for standard items such as Steel armour etc etc.. I am afraid this is not something that I will be working towards, but if someone wishes to do the CK work to make a non-replacer version I will upload it as an option with the completed mod..

Actus, i posted a little bug/mistake report on the Plate Armours page. Just to help you iron out somethings!

Hey Gron, thanks for you constant support and help.. I will iron these out shortly.. However the Gauntlets of Plate was intentional, due to a momentary lapse in imagination and there already being "Plate Gauntlets" in the CK.. Soo I kinda got stuck on what to call them and still be able to find them in the CK..