Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

Good to hear. I dont think you understood me on the unbalanced armor. What I meant is that it doesnt make any sense for someone to wear lots of armor on his legs and feet only, but keep his whole torso unarmored. I think you either should remove armor on his legs or add armor to his torso.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good form, the armor looks solid and reliable. However, and this is me trying to criticize constructively, perhaps the visor has too many little holes. Yes it's good for breathing but perhaps it would look better if there were a few larger holes or gaps. Maybe it's just because the complete texture isn't overlaid but that is just my belief. The helmet in question is a Great Bascinet, right?

Edited by CyrusAmell

In fact it's an Armet, What do you think id delet the round hole on the visonr and keep the strainghts ones and those on the sides ? But I agree, they are to many holes :wink:, thanks for your critic :smile:

In fact, I can delete evry holes in the visor if it looks better :smile:

I personally don't think removing the holes is necessary, and it is frankly quite unrealistic and nonsensical, after all, armor is meant to assist in combat, it won't do any good if the wearer passes out from lack of oxygen. :P Now onto some suggestions:

Here's is an example of the slits/holes on a hounskull helmet,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Bascinet.jpg

There's 18 holes and 10 slits on that helmet, whereas it looks like yours has about 26-28 holes and 12-14 slits, I would personally just cut down on the amount of holes.

But if we go with an armet as you said,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/Italian_Armet_%2815c%29_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg

There's probably 15 holes on each side, so about 30 in all, but no slits.

Personally, I think the weirdest looking aspect is that of the mix between slits and holes, in the top picture, the organization is very straightforward with slits going vertical, and holes everywhere else. In the second, it's just all holes, plain and simple, but your arrangement looks a bit odd,

..... .....

..... .....

-- - --

...||...

||||||

Obviously that's a bit of rough translation, but it just looks too complex in my opinion.

Also, due to the rather flat model and bland texture, the visor doesn't look like it would open, take Credo's Imperial Heavy Knight for example:

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/2291532-1351714497.png

Notice how the visor protrudes from the rest of the helmet, and looks to only be connected at the two hinges on the side of the head, whereas the new model looks like the visor and helmet are a single entity, now, I can see where you tried to make the visor, but it just doesn't look defined enough, try extruding it from the rest of the helmet and making the texture more defined.

Anyway, just my two cents, the rest of the armor looks great.

I hope this doesn't sound to harsh, just trying to offer some constructive criticism. :smile:

Edited by McBeanie

Good to hear. I dont think you understood me on the unbalanced armor. What I meant is that it doesnt make any sense for someone to wear lots of armor on his legs and feet only, but keep his whole torso unarmored. I think you either should remove armor on his legs or add armor to his torso.

I think it is implied that there is plate beneath the surcoat, and I personally prefer it that way, it is however, your and TheMedievalsKnights' mod so it's for you two to decide.

Sorry for the double post, I just figured it would be better organized this way.

Edited by McBeanie