Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

Oh and when I'll rigg the helmet, you must know that for realism, the helmet won't move ok ? I think it'll look better, I'll try to find a polished breastplate, maybe I'll use the Corazina of narf"s for M&B warband

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know how much further you guys have got with the concepts for the other armours in the game. Particularly the orcish variants.. If you are thinking of keeping to a medieval theme then perhaps some Eastern European armours might work quite well? I saw you mention M&B and thought that the armour of the Vaegirs might fit the orcish culture to some degree? A greater emphasis on fur and mail, but more practical, perhaps with a hunting/animal theme?

With regard to the other armours in Skyrim, such as Ebony and Glass, it might be good to keep those as more ornamental pieces. I know LordofWar's witcher models have some ebony armours in there, the Nilfgaard armour sets. With some tweaking I think they could be convincing medieval ebony pieces. The glass armour might be a little more difficult, but it could simply be high quality steel plate inlaid with crystals or something? In terms of leveled lists I think it would be important to restrict the distribution of these in the game world.

My final note might be the Thalmor/Elven pieces: some parallels might be drawn between the Thalmor and the Byzantine empire? Full of intrigue, subversion and corruption but organised and martial in nature. It may take some work to get Byzantine-esque pieces into the game but they would be in limited quantity and style as, on the whole, the Thalmor wear standard Elven armour anyway. As an aside basing the colour scheme on the robes might prevent the change from being too drastic?

These are just my ideas, meant only to provoke some wider discussion. Loving the work so far, let me know what you think!

Edited by thechief18

I thought they were just focused the human factions in the game, specifically the town guards, Stormcloaks and Imperial Legion. There are already plenty of mods that work on elven and orc armors among other things. On another note you should probably disregard the armors on the first post - ActusReus' computer borked and he lost all of the data. So TheMedievalKNights and Luddemann have been recreating his work while adding their own spin. This mod would not even be as feasibly possible as it is without access to the Witcher 2's equipment data and codes, complimentary of CD Projekt's RED. And of course, none of that would be very good for elven, orcish or dwarven armor in the short run.

Edited by CyrusAmell

No, we won't only focuced on the human faction, we are just working step by step, facton by faction and I'm currently working with the imperials, and about the M&B armors, we are not allowed to use vanilla armors which are copyrighted, only the mod armors

Well alright, But would consider releasing an early version with just the human factions completed? It's just that I have mods that modify elven and orcish armors already and I would hate for them and this to clash.

Also, concerning M&B, Narf's armors are indeed modded armors, you can find them in the OSP Resource area of the forums I believe.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119352.0.html

And check out this medieval helmet pack while are there .

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76943.0.html

Edited by CyrusAmell

Hey. I think our first priority should be the imperials and the stormcloaks. When thats done, we release it. Then we make the guards with different ranks and purposes. Then we move on to other stuff like the orcs (im thinking mongols!) and thalmor and alikr.

I've never understood the eastern european/western asian orcs, can someone explain where the influence comes from?

I've never understood the eastern european/western asian orcs, can someone explain where the influence comes from?

It looks cool, and Orsinium is squished between High Rock and Hammerfell. Again, it looks great, which is often a big reason for armor designs in entertainment mediums.

Edited by CyrusAmell