Credo - WIP

CanisRex84

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like your opinion on an idea I had :

Town soldier should be : guard, knight of the hold, and bowman ( or crossbow man )

Hold ( like falkreath ) : just militia man and militia archer

And for the crossbowmen, what do you think if they wear a pavise in their back, like they did during the middle age to protect them when they were reloading ?

Aye, your ideas are quite nice in my opinion.

Guard = Man at arms? (Like, more simple armors than knight, much less armor and so. "cheaper" armors, thus more available to anyone)

Knight = Heavily armored. Tank. Balls of steel. Heavy weapons and shields.

Bowman/Crossbowman = There could be both, from what I see of armors you've done, I think there's enough material for both.

Bowman = More agile armor, leather, clothes and so.

Crossbowman = More armor, possibly having pavise as you suggested. And of course the funny crossbowman helmet :biggrin:

Holds/villages

Sounds good. They couldn't afford having knights around. And it would make the knights "dulling" sight.

As far as I am concerned, gearing a knight would be expensive, there wouldn't be tons of knights around.

In Oblivion it made sense, because Cyrodiil is the "capital" of Tamriel, but Skyrim is somewhat poor and ravaged by war.

Also, it makes it somewhat more "rare" or "special" to see a knight in battlefield. Just like those are supposed to be.

Speaking of knights, I think it would be neat if you implemented Knight-Errant[?(s)?] and Hedge Knights walking/riding along the roads of Skyrim. Just for a bit more flavor and activity.

Speaking of knights, I think it would be neat if you implemented Knight-Errant[?(s)?] and Hedge Knights walking/riding along the roads of Skyrim. Just for a bit more flavor and activity.

Mmm.. Have you seen the wandering bard? Can't remember his name.

He would be perfect candidate for being "Knight errant".

Mmm.. Have you seen the wandering bard? Can't remember his name.

He would be perfect candidate for being "Knight errant".

Talsgar? That would be nice, seeing as he'd be fully voiced.

Have any mods added npc enemies that actually utilize the mounted combat mechanics? That would be an interesting mod in and of itself. Not very convenient for the landscape of Skyrim certainly, but interesting.

Edited by CyrusAmell

This one has it's not the most stable though unfortunately.

Here is the Armour of the solitude long ronge combat unit : Solitude crossbowman

Still WIP, I have to retexture the torso and the legs ;)

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag140/TheMedievalsKnights/ScreenSolitudeCrossbowmanArmour_WIP_zps2b2c1ebf.jpg