Child killer, eye & groin shots

w0t

If anyone is able to turn off children's immortality that would satisfy a lot of people - adding the "Child Killer" title to your stats somehow and having it affect people's reaction to you would just be awesome. Just play fallout 2 and kill a child to get the idea.

-

Separately from this (so you can mix and match), mods for targeting groin and eyes (in vats) with special effects are much needed. Also here I would recommend you take fallout 2 for a spin. "Raider was critically hit in the groin for 26 hit points. The pain is too much for him as he collapses." <- makes me smile even more than gory headshots.

They dont have animated deaths, deaths in Fallout use a ragdoll effect, so all you have to do is click off immortality.

Could you share with us how to "click off immortality"? I've tried a variety of script commands in the console, and the way I figure it is that since IsChild=1, the Child type of Creature is globally immortal.

We just have to make it IsChild=0. I dont know the command to do that, however. IsChild is just a call to check the current value of the "Child" parameter, not to change it.

I said elsewhere that we don't have to download any mod we don't care for, so there's no reason to discourage any contemplated mods.

BUT: Wanting to be able to kill children, use drugs, or rape women (or just treat them all as sluts), is literally perverse. I know those mods will be made, but that's just pathetic. You don't need a video game, you need a shrink. Good luck with that.

Kind of agree with Psyclone, but then again theres plenty of gay mods in Oblivion, which i personally find digusting. But i have no right saying people should or shouldnt make them and/or download them.

(not getting at you Psyclone you have a perfectly fair point)

I was readin this other forum eariler about Eroblivion and possibly Sexlivion. People were asking for a "rape mod" for Oblivion, one guy was saying he wants to be able to go around and sneak up on women... kind of like deadly reflex, but instead of killing them in slow motion, wanted to rape them in slow motion.

He also wanted sex with guards, child killing/sex and other things before i stopped reading.

There is a limit to what "should" be modded. and i would say the same limit applies in every other media. If even a hardened criminal would look down on it in real life, you probably shouldnt be modding it, or asking for someone else to do it for you......

Plus,

I would say killing a child in Fallout 3 is not morally perverse, they dont look like children, they dont act like children, it is after all, a video game, just like Space Invaders. Whats the difference between killing a pixelated child, and obliterating entire galaxies of inncoent alien beings?

Your still destroying life right? WHy does it matter what the life looks like?

Anyway just my 0.02p

Kind of agree with Psyclone, but then again theres plenty of gay mods in Oblivion, which i personally find digusting. But i have no right saying people should or shouldnt make them and/or download them.

I was readin this other forum eariler about Eroblivion and possibly Sexlivion. People were asking for a "rape mod" for Oblivion, one guy was saying he wants to be able to go around and sneak up on women... kind of like deadly reflex, but instead of killing them in slow motion, wanted to rape them in slow motion.

He also wanted sex with guards, child killing/sex and other things before i stopped reading.

There is a limit to what "should" be modded. and i would say the same limit applies in every other media. If even a hardened criminal would look down on it in real life, you probably shouldnt be modding it, or asking for someone else to do it for you......

Plus,

I would say killing a child in Fallout 3 is not morally perverse, they dont look like children, they dont act like children, it is after all, a video game, just like Space Invaders. Whats the difference between killing a pixelated child, and obliterating entire galaxies of inncoent alien beings?

Anyway just my 0.02p

Mr. Cooper,

Good points, and some of that was on my mind even as I was writing. In most games most of the time, there is at least some justification for what we do. Not to be a hypocrite, I love mugging monsters for loot, or sniping my way through a shooter. I just think that going out of our way to do heinous things, and your examples were better than mine, is something that should give us pause.

Thanks for your well thought reply.

psyclone

Plus,

Anyway just my 0.02p

Mr. Cooper,

Good points, and some of that was on my mind even as I was writing. In most games most of the time, there is at least some justification for what we do. Not to be a hypocrite, I love mugging monsters for loot, or sniping my way through a shooter. I just think that going out of our way to do heinous things, and your examples were better than mine, is something that should give us pause.

Thanks for your well thought reply.

psyclone

If someone released a mod to un-essential children I would download and install it. NOT because I feel the urge to go around killing children. Quite the opposite, I'd like to legitimately be able to DEFEND them. Right now if a kid gets caught in a gunfight with the npcs he or she is safe, unlike the adults, who are fair game and go down like cattle.

If a kid is in REAL danger, I would be fighting twice as hard to defend them... and helping them would be a legitimate reward. Yes people abuse this sort of thing, but I think it's a lot more of an immersion breaker to see a kid take a shotgun round to the face from a raider and live.

But it's just my stance, good points all around guys.

EDIT!!!

Try putting these in your .ini

bEssentialTakeNoDamage=0

bForceReloadOnEssentialCharacterDeath=0

Apparently it allows you to kill essentials, can't test it, I'm on campus.