⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Obsidian commit to mod support and the Nexus for Project Eternity

Dark0ne

I threw money at my screen for this...and my husband didn't even bat an eye at me "investing in the future of computer gaming by encouraging a game like the old days."

:)

http://i.imgur.com/5jDTX.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Do you plan on updating the game with expansions once the game is released? How often would this happen? Would players be able to make their own mods or expansions once the game is live and would an editor be made available eventually?

A: We would like to do this, although we’re still examining how the pipelines for expansions would work. We don’t want to promise something that we couldn’t do until we’d done more research. We recently released an update with our modding views – we like modding, we want to encourage it, but we don’t want to promise it unless we know we can do it, or else we’d do our players and backers a disservice.

Umm... I'd say you guys already promised it.

I remember the times when Obsidian continued someone else's projects with non-isometric setup and tons of voice-overs, and it was great like Handmaiden's underwear, Neeshka's haircut and the sad fate of male sex slaves in the North Vegas Square. Their own projects on the other hand would always end up in a dumpster, idk why

Well, Obsidian not only made their goals, but managed to obliterate kickstarter records. The only project listed as having a higher collected fund total is the Ouya, which hardly counts as a video game project (it belongs in the tech subcategory).

Final tallies as of closing up the kickstarter at 9pm US Eastern time tonight:

Backers

$3,986,929

pledged of $1,100,000 goal

Plus the Paypal total of $140,099. That's a grand total of over $4.1 million, with a hefty chunk coming in the final 48 hours (there was even a $10k entry during the final 8 minutes on the live stream). Congrats Obsidian, and it looks like a brighter future for all of us who love our classic style RPGs.

Quick edit: And for those keeping track, the super-dungeon is up to 13 levels deep now thanks to the sheer volume of support.

Q: Do you plan on updating the game with expansions once the game is released? How often would this happen? Would players be able to make their own mods or expansions once the game is live and would an editor be made available eventually?

A: We would like to do this, although we’re still examining how the pipelines for expansions would work. We don’t want to promise something that we couldn’t do until we’d done more research. We recently released an update with our modding views – we like modding, we want to encourage it, but we don’t want to promise it unless we know we can do it, or else we’d do our players and backers a disservice.

Umm... I'd say you guys already promised it.

I could have sworn they did. . . I wonder how many of those 74,000 backers came from the modding community. I would imagine Obsidian losing a lot of future support if they did not release a modding tool.

• 5 years later...