Armor hovering over vanilla outfits

e1grey

I'm having an issue with vanilla armor and outfits. Vanilla outfits fit fine but armor pieces, for some reason, hover over the outfits as if my character's body is bigger. I've batch-built all the vanilla outfits and armors to CBBE vanilla preset. Standalone outfits work fine; minor clipping - which is expected with some of them - but no hovering, they fit tight to the body.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone had this or similar issue?

never had this issue, however i use a mod that bodyslides all armor pieces + another mod that makes all torso pieces much better

i recommend you download 2pac skimpy armor clothing mod (Which is what i am using for left leg, right leg, left arm, and right arm, bodyslide files), simply because it adds all armor pieces as bodyslide files. (so basically you can bodyslide all armor pieces to better fit your body)

if you dont like skimpy clothing mods, simply select cbbe in the batch build for all options, and and only select 2pac for the armor pieces.

Note: Said mod only includes base game armor pieces however. (Combat, Dc Guard, Leather, Metal, Raider and Synth Armor Addons)

the armor pieces need to also be bodyslided, by default all Fallout 4 Armor and Clothing is built around the Vanilla body, which is very diffent to the CBBE body. this also includes Armor Pieces, they are built around the vanilla clothes being built around the vanilla body.

also note, that the majority of vanilla clothing and armor use the armor slots, to prevent armor pieces from being worn over the clothing, now armor smith extended removes these restrictions, but likewise because the restrictions are removed the armor pieces will be much bigger then the clothing. and likely clips because they can now be worn over what was once restricted, issues are bound to rise from this.

hence the reason i mentioned the full name for the 2pac mod (search for it on the Nexus search, its their), it is the only mod that adds bodyslide files for the armor pieces. because they also need to be bodyslided to your CBBE body. without doing that the Armor Pieces will be for the vanilla body, hence they will not fit well, and either be too big, or will clip.

download said 2pac mod - Batch build, and for all Armor Pieces (select 2pac *Name of Armor Piece*) in the batch build window - problem solved.

then simply select CBBE vanilla for all other batch build options, if you do not want skimpy armor or clothing.

the armor pieces need to also be bodyslided, by default all Fallout 4 Armor and Clothing is built around the Vanilla body, which is very diffent to the CBBE body. this also includes Armor Pieces, they are built around the vanilla clothes being built around the vanilla body.

also note, that the majority of vanilla clothing and armor use the armor slots, to prevent armor pieces from being worn over the clothing, now armor smith extended removes these restrictions, but likewise because the restrictions are removed the armor pieces will be much bigger then the clothing. and likely clips because they can now be worn over what was once restricted, issues are bound to rise from this.

hence the reason i mentioned the full name for the 2pac mod (search for it on the Nexus search, its their), it is the only mod that adds bodyslide files for the armor pieces. because they also need to be bodyslided to your CBBE body. without doing that the Armor Pieces will be for the vanilla body, hence they will not fit well, and either be too big, or will clip.

download said 2pac mod - Batch build, and for all Armor Pieces (select 2pac *Name of Armor Piece*) in the batch build window - problem solved.

then simply select CBBE vanilla for all other batch build options, if you do not want skimpy armor or clothing.

There are bodyslide files for vanilla armors - they're included in CBBE mod (I checked the meshes folders, they're there), and I've tried building them to CBBE Vanilla many times, both batch-building and separately. Some of the vanilla outfits work fine with armor (like Minuteman outfit), but others don't (e.g. Road Leathers). Replacers (2pac's and Lazman's), unfortunately didn't make any difference. I don't think it has something to do with building them wrong; as I said, some of them work fine, others don't. Though the outfits looked differently with replacers, the issue with the armor persisted. Even if they worked I wouldn't use them because they're a little too skimpy to my taste, but it was worth a try.

There's another issue with some of the outfits (so far only those from mods). When my character wears them, they make her look more buff: the shoulders are much broader and overall body is bigger. No idea why this is happening either. The game and the mods are freshly installed. I haven't done anything other than adding the outfits and building them in bodyslide. I hoped that I was just ignorant or forgot about something, tried searching other forums too with zero results. I guess I'll just wear only the outfits that don't have these issues for now.

Edited by e1grey

i dont remeber seeing armor addons in the main cbbe mod, but then i have always used several clothing replacers which covers every single armor and clothing in base game as well as all dlc, so likewise i unticked the included cbbe bodyslide files, since not only would i not be using them, but it makes batch building much quicker.

but yea with that said, i have never personally noticed any issues with vanilla armor addons (the armor pieces) in the little time i used them. the only 1 i used the most, was robot armor, and never experienced issues with it. but then skimpy clothing tends to be much tighter on the body, thus making it much better for armor addons (from a clipping stand point). and because i have only ever used 2pac armor addon bodyslide files, i have never experienced issues with vanilla armor addons not being proper proportionate. as typically his bodyslide armor addons would be for his own armor and clothing replacer, but even so they work very well with the other replaces i am using.

the CBBE own armor and clothing are much bulkier, so this could explain the proportionate issues you are having with armor addons over the cbbe clothing and armor. same would be true if you used the cbbe armor addon bodyslide files over something like elianora clothing compendium, as they are also much bulkier then skimpy replacers. so the issues here would then be clipping.

CBBE bodyslide files for armor addons will not work too well for skimpy clothing replacers, due to the armor addons will be made for a much bulkier armor and or clothing. so it would eliminate potentional clipping, but at the same time the armor addons will not fit very well. so yea, the issue here is the cbbe files for armor addons (Armor Pieces)

Note: Armor Addons = Combat, Raider, Leather, Metal etc etc.

as for the secondary issue, this sounds like an outfit studio based issue (not the program itself, but the user experience with it). either the outfits still contain bone data, or the clothing/armor has incorrect file paths. or its simply a poorly made bodyslide files. all of which would apply to the author experience with outfit studio.

I came across a post describing apparently the same issue I'm having, and it mentioned something about underarmor scaling that can be adjusted in Creation Kit, which I have zero experience with.

I would love to use Mercenary Pack but it still has a lot of problems with CBBE body (texture stretching, etc.).

for the underarmor scaling, i could look into it, i know my way around the ck, have created several mods in the past :smile:

if i fix it (which i no doubt will), i could upload it as a mod. assuming their is not mod that does it already.

as for Mercenary pack, yea it really is designed for male characters which is painfully ovbious, but with that said, their is many bodyslide files for it, as well as bodyslide fixes, all armor pieces aside from the torso work perfectly.

and the only real issue is the Rebel outfit, which seems to have psychics applied to it, which i believe is why it is stretching.

Edit: i have found the options to remove underarmor scaling, and have created a mod that removes it from all base game Armor Pieces (starting with base game as a test), i wont upload it to nexus until i know it works, so i would like you to test it first, since as said i dont use vanilla armor addons, so i would not notice.

Grab it Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_tIefUK54epFrp3BsTxQQeWt63Qk3Qrl/view

Note: let me know when you have tried it, so i can remove it. if it works then i will fix all DLC Armor Addons as well, and finally upload to nexus.

if it does not work, then i may have to remove underarmor scaling from all clothing and armors, which will take quite a long time, but i will do it.

for the underarmor scaling, i could look into it, i know my way around the ck, have created several mods in the past :smile:

if i fix it (which i no doubt will), i could upload it as a mod. assuming their is not mod that does it already.

as for Mercenary pack, yea it really is designed for male characters which is painfully ovbious, but with that said, their is many bodyslide files for it, as well as bodyslide fixes, all armor pieces aside from the torso work perfectly.

and the only real issue is the Rebel outfit, which seems to have psychics applied to it, which i believe is why it is stretching.

Edit: i have found the options to remove underarmor scaling, and have created a mod that removes it from all base game Armor Pieces (starting with base game as a test), i wont upload it to nexus until i know it works, so i would like you to test it first, since as said i dont use vanilla armor addons, so i would not notice.

Grab it Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_tIefUK54epFrp3BsTxQQeWt63Qk3Qrl/view

Note: let me know when you have tried it, so i can remove it. if it works then i will fix all DLC Armor Addons as well, and finally upload to nexus.

if it does not work, then i may have to remove underarmor scaling from all clothing and armors, which will take quite a long time, but i will do it.

Well, it did something. The straps look okay, but the armor plate and the pouches are clipping into the body. The armor clips through non-vanilla outfits too, but not as much.

Edited by e1grey