Armor hovering over vanilla outfits

e1grey

It didn't work unfortunately. I tested it an existing save game and on a new game, and with rebuilt armor in bodyslide, as you instructed.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1873484833

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1873484920

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1873484968

On the screenshots above, the character is wearing Army Fatigues, and the armor behaves the same way with Military Fatigues (as well as with some other vanilla outfits).

at least of 1 of them files should of worked (Especially the instructions i included) or at least made a difference, which means the issue is probably files not being replaced Properly (probably something preventing them).

or the files are simply having their changes Reversed/Undone <-- this is definitely possible, this can be triggered by many things, such as, Pressing CTRL + Z (Keyboard Input that Undoes any Changes Made, this can literally undo any change (within reason), including file replacement, removal of text, etc etc, it can also Restore text, and Undelete files as well. however this Input only works on any Previous Actions made in a single Session, As soon as the Computer is Reset or Shutdown, this now resets the actions, and thus you can longer Undo changes Prior to Resetting or Shutting Down the Compuer. but likewise will now have the ability to undo any changes you make in what is a now a New Computer Session)

other things that can potentially undo changes are: Windows Security (including Anti Virus, Anti Malware, etc etc), Malware, Trojans, Harddrive issues, Keyboard Issues, all of which can Undo Any Changes Made, etc etc, many possible things can cause this, but the likely hood is pretty slim (Aside from User Input of Course), but still it is very possible (taking into consideration all things that can cause this).

Possible Solution #1

so the last questions*:

are you using Windows 10, and is your Game Installed to the Same Partition as Windows (Typically C:Drive)

if so the only other thing to do would be to move your Fallout 4 Installation on to Another Partition, if you use windows 10, as their is a lot of problems having other stuff (Especially Games like Fallout and Skyrim, with regards to mods and third party software) being installed on the same Drive as Windows 10, it is overly protective of anything installed on the same drive as it, which is good for security wise, but bad for User Convenience

so putting your fallout 4 onto another partition will ensure no issues, but that will require effort, and comes with a risk that it may or may not make difference. so it really depends on if you can indeed live with the issue.

or if you want the hassle of potentially starting again from scratch, but having a much higher success rate <-- only if your fallout 4 installation is placed on another partition that Does Not have the OS on it (windows 10) for example.

its entirely down to you.

Possible Solution #2

aside from all of that

then the only things that remain are:

is your game definitely setup for modding:

That means this file must exist Fallout4Custom.ini <-- which must be present here: C:\Users\Computer Name\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

and inside said file this must exist:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
if it is not, then Create Fallout4Custom.ini inside the fallout 4 folder, that is found in the address i mentioned a bit above this, and inside that file copy and paste this bit below, into said file:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Note: if absolutely none of the above apply or work, then i am completely out of ideas.

at least of 1 of them files should of worked (Especially the instructions i included) or at least made a difference, which means the issue is probably files not being replaced Properly (probably something preventing them).

or the files are simply having their changes Reversed/Undone <-- this is definitely possible, this can be triggered by many things, such as, Pressing CTRL + Z (Keyboard Input that Undoes any Changes Made, this can literally undo any change (within reason), including file replacement, removal of text, etc etc, it can also Restore text, and Undelete files as well. however this Input only works on any Previous Actions made in a single Session, As soon as the Computer is Reset or Shutdown, this now resets the actions, and thus you can longer Undo changes Prior to Resetting or Shutting Down the Compuer. but likewise will now have the ability to undo any changes you make in what is a now a New Computer Session)

other things that can potentially undo changes are: Windows Security (including Anti Virus, Anti Malware, etc etc), Malware, Trojans, Harddrive issues, Keyboard Issues, all of which can Undo Any Changes Made, etc etc, many possible things can cause this, but the likely hood is pretty slim (Aside from User Input of Course), but still it is very possible (taking into consideration all things that can cause this).

Possible Solution #1

so the last questions*:

are you using Windows 10, and is your Game Installed to the Same Partition as Windows (Typically C:Drive)

if so the only other thing to do would be to move your Fallout 4 Installation on to Another Partition, if you use windows 10, as their is a lot of problems having other stuff (Especially Games like Fallout and Skyrim, with regards to mods and third party software) being installed on the same Drive as Windows 10, it is overly protective of anything installed on the same drive as it, which is good for security wise, but bad for User Convenience

so putting your fallout 4 onto another partition will ensure no issues, but that will require effort, and comes with a risk that it may or may not make difference. so it really depends on if you can indeed live with the issue.

or if you want the hassle of potentially starting again from scratch, but having a much higher success rate <-- only if your fallout 4 installation is placed on another partition that Does Not have the OS on it (windows 10) for example.

its entirely down to you.

Possible Solution #2

aside from all of that

then the only things that remain are:

is your game definitely setup for modding:

That means this file must exist Fallout4Custom.ini <-- which must be present here: C:\Users\Computer Name\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

and inside said file this must exist:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
if it is not, then Create Fallout4Custom.ini inside the fallout 4 folder, that is found in the address i mentioned a bit above this, and inside that file copy and paste this bit below, into said file:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Note: if absolutely none of the above apply or work, then i am completely out of ideas.

I am playing on Windows 10, and it's on C: drive (an SSD, if it matters). Moving the game to another partition (or a separate drive) is, unfortunate, not an option for now. I only came back to the game a few weeks ago after an 8-month break, and it took me way too much time to set everything up, and re-learn certain things, and don't feel like going through it again. The game is more or less stable, and I'm ten hours in on three different characters. As long as the issue is only with a few vanilla outfits, I'm fine with it. The game has a new problem every time I install it. I guess, it's just what one has to deal with playing Fallout.