marrige!

steinbeck

People asked for it. Bethesda provided it - there is not much game function to it. It's just another game feature. There is no requirement to get married in game, and there is no real game advantage or disadvantage to being married. It's kind of like a 1950s TV sit com where the married couple sleep in separate beds. :tongue:

People asked for it. Bethesda provided it - there is not much game function to it. It's just another game feature. There is no requirement to get married in game, and there is no real game advantage or disadvantage to being married. It's kind of like a 1950s TV sit com where the married couple sleep in separate beds. :tongue:

Thanks again , one day I may know as much as you. I sure couldn't see any function for it. But another question please, Open console type bat money exactly like that I get not found and other remarks.

Player.Additem works just not the bat entries Any ideas please I'm on Win 7 with the game installed in my Prog folder by steam NMM works, Boss works

Don

The first time I saw in-game marriage was in Fable, maybe requests stemmed from that? At least you got gifts in Fable though.

Maybe you get gifts in Skyrim too though but with the abundance of gold and jewels who cares? :tongue:

I have no real interest with real-life marriage never mind in-game - i've been with my girlfriend for nearly 12 years now and we are happier than ever, in my personal observational experience marriage just adds pressure to a relationship and is basically a traditional formality so why would I want to do this in a game?! :biggrin:

Edited by Ironman5000

I always thought marriage in skyrim was useless and sort of tacked on as an afterthought. Wear amulet, approach friendly NPC, go to temple, badda bing badda boom (though its kind of funny if you're late to the wedding) You get lover's comfort bonus when sleeping in your house after being married and you can ask them to make a meal with some decent stats. Oh, and the spouse has some altered dialogue and becomes a vendor I think. Yay.

I've thought about a mod which would require you to run around wooing your potential partner, arranging rings, a cake, invite friends, a party, presents, maybe having your spouse get cold feet, inlaws you have to deal with, married fights and make-up, little details which could make it a bit more interesting. Maybe I'll get to it sometime. Or I could just build a cool dungeon.

Edited by acidzebra

I've thought about a mod which would require you to run around arranging rings, a cake, invite friends, a party, presents, maybe having your spouse get cold feet, inlaws you have to deal with, married fights and make-up, little details which could make it a bit more interesting. Maybe I'll get to it sometime. Or I could just build a cool dungeon.

I vote for the dungeon.... and have the nagging spouse as the end boss :P

Unfortunately all of Beths games have lacked the deep RPG style character interaction of other games.. Best example would be Baldur's Gate II where you had to actually establish a relationship with a follower and then the idea of romantic involvement felt like a real natural progression to the storyline and the development of your character..

Although Bioware have severely dropped the ball in recent years (IMO) no other game I have played has rivalled their story telling (within a fantasy setting or not)..

I never did fully play BG2. As I recall tho the relationship aspect wasn't ever mandatory. You could easily brush them off or with mods turn off all interaction if your really wanted, tho most people wanted more relationship options rather than less.

As far as Skyrim it would be nice if there was a combat bonus by having your follower spouse with you, but there isn't. Just the well rested & that meal thing neither of which to be honest is that helpful.

The first time I saw in-game marriage was in Fable, maybe requests stemmed from that? At least you got gifts in Fable though.

Maybe you get gifts in Skyrim too though but with the abundance of gold and jewels who cares? :tongue:

I have no real interest with real-life marriage never mind in-game - i've been with my girlfriend for nearly 12 years now and we are happier than ever, in my personal observational experience marriage just adds pressure to a relationship and is basically a traditional formality so why would I want to do this in a game?! :biggrin:

my eldest son has been with his lady for 25 years have 2 sons. marriage, I think, is a religous concept having more to do with power of the priest/shaman etc

than anything else.

Don