marrige!

steinbeck

I vote for the dungeon.... and have the nagging spouse as the end boss :P

Ha ha dungeon it is. But I don't think a frying pan-wielding spouse would offer much challenge for the dragonborn :)

(might make for an interesting magic spell though, dozens of cast-iron pans flying your way)

Speaking of dungeons, all mapped out in a few days, adding details and fiddling with lights/enemies/other bits FOR FREAKING WEEKS :/

C'est la vie, I guess.

Edited by acidzebra

@steinbeck: I'm an atheist so it just seems all the more pointless, it's all about a union "under the eyes of god" which might as well be "under the eyes of ming the merciless and his fiendish minions" to me :tongue:

But anyway if game devs insist on adding this concept to the game then it should be more thought out than just plonking it there to get a cheap treat ever other week...despite that being pretty damn realistic!

Edited by Ironman5000

seems like all you need to do is add two fcktons of dialogue options which get you nowhere and achieve nothing. if you make it all angry and rude it's an immersion mod, if you make it all sunshine and hearts it's an rpg mod; if she turns into a kraken and eats your heart it's an awesome mod.

Aww, I like marriage in Skyrim. Not because it's actually useful - I married Jenassa and then the first time I asked her about the store I had 5600 gold waiting, which shows how much I used it :P - but because it lets me collect my favorite NPCs. It's shallow and pointless but I'll take what I can get.

I'd rather have acidzebra's first mod idea. I'm all for more marriage depth. Or really any RP depth.

@steinbeck: I'm an atheist so it just seems all the more pointless, it's all about a union "under the eyes of god" which might as well be "under the eyes of ming the merciless and his fiendish minions" to me :tongue:

But anyway if game devs insist on adding this concept to the game then it should be more thought out than just plonking it there to get a cheap treat ever other week...despite that being pretty damn realistic!

I have been an atheist since I learned to think for myself. An avid reader of ALL genres of literature. I'm waiting for some to answer this. Did 'God/god' say it's wrong to lie ertc because he made it so Or SAY SO BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT ANYWAY!!! Moral codes and ethics don't come from some higher being.

And Hello to you

Don

I'm here again. I see references to married/ marrigable.........what is this about? what function does marrying someone play?

A better question is why not? If you have no use for it, don't use it. Most people get married, so it's realistic that a character in a game would as well. What purpose does being Dragonborn or Archmage really serve? They are just titles to make you believe your character has a story. In that story, he might also be in love and want to get married. I think people get too confused about issues that are pretty simple. It's more that they are concerned that someone else in the world might be pretending to have a virtual wife, but most people probably aren't. And for the ones who are, who cares? Do you really need to ride such a high horse to survive? Play your own game and stop being such a critic of everyone else.

I'm here again. I see references to married/ marrigable.........what is this about? what function does marrying someone play?

A better question is why not? If you have no use for it, don't use it. Most people get married, so it's realistic that a character in a game would as well. What purpose does being Dragonborn or Archmage really serve? They are just titles to make you believe your character has a story. In that story, he might also be in love and want to get married. I think people get too confused about issues that are pretty simple. It's more that they are concerned that someone else in the world might be pretending to have a virtual wife, but most people probably aren't. And for the ones who are, who cares? Do you really need to ride such a high horse to survive? Play your own game and stop being such a critic of everyone else.

Excuse me. While your argument is quite correct and I fully see your point. In what way did I criticise anyone esle? I asked a question shown again here....

what is this about? what function does marrying someone play? Where is a critism in there?

steinbeck

Because the answer is obvious. Why does it even need to be asked? Why does anyone get married? It's called LOVE. If you can pretend to fight dragons and cast magic, why can't you pretend to fall in love? Obvious answer is obvious.

Because the answer is obvious. Why does it even need to be asked? Why does anyone get married? It's called LOVE.

Some cultures have arranged marriages, some do it for money, some do it out of peer pressure, some do it for a visa, I could go on :tongue:

What purpose does being Dragonborn or Archmage really serve?

You get some lovely magic powers.

Edited by Ironman5000