"MineOreToolsList

SkiaMK

Can anyone think of any mods that alter the "MineOreToolsList" form list? I'm working on a unique pickaxe and the more I think about it the more I realize I have only ever seen replacers for pickaxes so perhaps I don't need to worry that altering that list will cause compatibility issues with other mods.

Mining for Mages Redux

*digs into mod archive*

Does it via script.

In fact, for compatibility, you should consider doing it via script as well.

This should work for starters. It would go on a quest script, preferably a start game enabled quest.

Scriptname SomeScript Extends Quest

FormList Property mineOreToolsList  Auto  ; base game list
;FormList Property DLC2StalhrimMineOreToolsList  Auto ; dlc list - uncomment if wanting to work with Stalhrim

Weapon Property myPickAxe Auto

Event OnInit()
	If !(mineOreToolsList.HasForm(myPickAxe))
		mineOreToolsList.AddForm(myPickAxe)
	EndIf
; - uncomment the next section if wanting to work with Stalhrim	
;	If !(DLC2StalhrimMineOreToolsList.HasForm(myPickAxe))
;		DLC2StalhrimMineOreToolsList.AddForm(myPickAxe)
;	EndIf
EndEvent

I think the Dragonborn DLC does edit the MineOreToolsList. Just in case it does and you do not want to make it a required master, then adding your pickaxe via script would be best.

Oh sweet, thanks... I've heard of doing it this way but had not gotten around to figuring out the code.

Cheers,

Skia

(BTW, sorry for the late reply... keep forgetting to add the email account I use for Nexus to my new phone... going to do that now, it was sheer luck I logged into the account and happened to see this, I had given up on getting any replies to this thread)

Edited by SkiaMK