Please HELP! Mods won't work at all.

DashingKnight

Great stuff. I'm glad you've got some mods going at last. I threw this together for a little reference for you (it's nothing fancy). Just so that you will know where to manually place files. If it's a bit confusing -- I threw it together in about 2 minutes -- give a yell.

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/3924/oblivionfolders.jpg

The thing to remember:

normal (manual) mods go into: ..\Oblivion\Data\

OBMM (OMODs) go into ..\Oblivion\Mods\ <-- That should have been:

OBMM (OMODs) go into ..\Oblivion\obmm\Mods\

OBSE plugins go into ..\Oblivion\OBSE\Plugins\

Wrye Bash (BAIN) files go OUTSIDE of the Oblivion folder, in ..\Oblivion Mods\

In a manual installation, ALWAYS check the downloaded archive file structure, and extract to a temporary location first.

Edited by Hickory

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

OBMM was created before any 64bit OS were even imagined. I'd be surprised, if it only worked in 64bit OS. I was successfully using it in an ages old Win XP myself for years.

What OS is it you're trying to run it in?

So far I got it successfully working in Win 2000, Win ME, Win XP, Win 7, Win 8 and Win 8.1, the newer versions always proving to be increasingly more difficult than the older, but so far the numerous compatibility measures available could always be used to achieve a working solution in the end after several tries. And adding to it, since Win 7 I'm only able to run everything on my Mac in a virtual machine anymore, so thrice the difficulty to get everything running smoothly, but it works.