Remove West Tek Tactical Optics from super mutants' levelled lists

e1grey

I'm using a mod called West Tek Tactical Optics by fadingsignal, and I want the goggles to stop appearing on super mutants. I believe it could be done by editing values in FO4Edit, but I don't know excactly what to edit. I thought about removing the super mutant entry in the levelled lists section, but I don't know if it may cause issues. Can anyone explain which value stands for what and if it's safe to remove entries from levelled lists?

[sorry for my poor terminology]

Edited by e1grey

How to Remove from Leveled Lists:

Standard Leveled Lists: https://imgur.com/ogQmrIf

Leveled List Injector: https://imgur.com/cZp33dZ

Note: *Delete* as in *Remove* - Right click on the actual column (the other end of the Arrow), not the actual words Property or Leveled list entries.

Note: be sure to rebuild the Bash Patch after doing the above, if applicable.

How to Remove from Leveled Lists:

Standard Leveled Lists: https://imgur.com/ogQmrIf

Leveled List Injector: https://imgur.com/cZp33dZ

Note: *Delete* as in *Remove* - Right click on the actual column (the other end of the Arrow), not the actual words Property or Leveled list entries.

Note: be sure to rebuild the Bash Patch after doing the above, if applicable.

Thanks a lot for such a clear reply. I thought that mods usually use one (vanilla) or the other (script) method to add things to the leveled lists. Does this mod use both? Or, am I getting this completely wrong?

Also, unfortunately, I don't know what a bash patch is, neither if it's applicable or necessary with this mod.

the Main File uses Scripted Level List Injection, but the author does also include an Optional File, for Standard Leveled List Edits. so if you Did also Download that Optional File, then you should only need to do what i illustrated in the Primary Image.

otherwise if you only downloaded the Main File, then you should only need to do what i illustrated in the Secondary Image. (however if the items are still spawning on super mutants, after doing what method refeers to you, then do what i illustrated in both images by deleting from both the injector and leveled list, to guarantee they will no longer spawn on said enemies) but only do this if either option is not working on their own. realistically it should not be necessary to delete from both leveled list methods. as doing what relates to what file you chose should be enough.

as for Bash Patch, its a Patch that Merges Leveled Lists, it is Strongly Recommended to Create 1, especially if you use Mods that Edit Leveled Lists, which you do.

a Bash Patch will Ensure that All Mods as well as the Game Itself and DLC have an Equal Chance at having their Content Appear in Game (via Leveled Lists), instead of a Single Mod taking Full Priority thus potentially Preventing both the Game and other Mods from having their Content Appear in Game.

a Bash Patch is also Good for Optimization As Well, as the Merge Patch will now be the Primary Leveled List for Mods. Less Work for the Game, Much Better Chances of Getting Content from every thing that uses Leveled Lists, as Opposed to a Single Mod taking Full Priority, thus making all other mods and the game that use leveled lists have a Very Low Chance to Non-Existant Chance of Having their Content Appear in Game.

Heres a Quick tutorial on creating a Bash Patch

Creating a Bash Patch:

1. Download Wrye Bash: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032

2. Open it - Scroll right down to the Bottom on the Left Pane Window - locate Bash Patch,0 - Right Click on it, and Select Rebuild Bash Patch <-- then simply click on *Build Patch* in the Window that pops up

3. Success, All Leveled Lists are now Successfully merged, Every Single mod that makes changes to the leveled lists, including base game and dlc, now have an equal chance at having their content spawn in the game

Note: the Bash Patch, Must Always be the Very Last mod in your Load Order

I

the Main File uses Scripted Level List Injection, but the author does also include an Optional File, for Standard Leveled List Edits. so if you Did also Download that Optional File, then you should only need to do what i illustrated in the Primary Image.

otherwise if you only downloaded the Main File, then you should only need to do what i illustrated in the Secondary Image. (however if the items are still spawning on super mutants, after doing what method refeers to you, then do what i illustrated in both images by deleting from both the injector and leveled list, to guarantee they will no longer spawn on said enemies) but only do this if either option is not working on their own. realistically it should not be necessary to delete from both leveled list methods. as doing what relates to what file you chose should be enough.

as for Bash Patch, its a Patch that Merges Leveled Lists, it is Strongly Recommended to Create 1, especially if you use Mods that Edit Leveled Lists, which you do.

a Bash Patch will Ensure that All Mods as well as the Game Itself and DLC have an Equal Chance at having their Content Appear in Game (via Leveled Lists), instead of a Single Mod taking Full Priority thus potentially Preventing both the Game and other Mods from having their Content Appear in Game.

a Bash Patch is also Good for Optimization As Well, as the Merge Patch will now be the Primary Leveled List for Mods. Less Work for the Game, Much Better Chances of Getting Content from every thing that uses Leveled Lists, as Opposed to a Single Mod taking Full Priority, thus making all other mods and the game that use leveled lists have a Very Low Chance to Non-Existant Chance of Having their Content Appear in Game.

Heres a Quick tutorial on creating a Bash Patch

Creating a Bash Patch:

1. Download Wrye Bash: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20032

2. Open it - Scroll right down to the Bottom on the Left Pane Window - locate Bash Patch,0 - Right Click on it, and Select Rebuild Bash Patch <-- then simply click on *Build Patch* in the Window that pops up

3. Success, All Leveled Lists are now Successfully merged, Every Single mod that makes changes to the leveled lists, including base game and dlc, now have an equal chance at having their content spawn in the game

Note: the Bash Patch, Must Always be the Very Last mod in your Load Order

I use the main file, so I'll try to edit according to the second image you posted. I'm not sure I'll need a bash patch. My levelled lists seem to be fine. Most (if not all) of my mods that add items to the leveled lists use script injection according to their descriptions (some mod authors even kindly included in-game controls so that the player could decide whether he/she wants them in the leveled lists or not). I can't say that there's a mod that's prioritized, at least, not to a point that it annoys me.

The problem with super mutants wearing those goggles is that I think they shouldn't have any hi-tech stuff on them, including firearms. Bethesda should've made them use throwables, like spears, hatchets, or machetes instead.

Thank you so much for your help.

ADD1: I also use Better Locational Damage mod that edits vanilla levelled lists and allows some management of the leveled lists through MCM. I'm a little afraid that a Bash Patch may mess things up.

ADD2: And then also I use Fallout Anti-lazer mod that removes all energy weapons from the game. I'm not so sure a Bash Patch would be safe to add. I've never done it before, and I really don't want to mess up my playthrough.

Edited by e1grey

Bash Patch is generally strongly recommended. however if you are not having issues with your game, then no need to worry about it :smile:

as for supermutants i kind of agree with your idea of them being heavily melee based, but at the same time this is the wasteland where absolutely everyone has guns, not too mention supermutants are big and loud, so the gunslinger would hear or see them a mile away and blow them way, bringing melee weapons to a gun fight never favors the warrior, so with that in mind, it makes sense that super mutants use guns, however i believe they should be limited to only the big guns, not only to make them truly fearful, but also because they clearly have the build to wield these heavy weapons, primarily Miniguns and Missile Launchers. as for high tech gear, yea they definitely should not have that, super mutants are generally not very intelligent at all.

you're welcome :smile:

Bash Patch is generally strongly recommended. however if you are not having issues with your game, then no need to worry about it :smile:

as for supermutants i kind of agree with your idea of them being heavily melee based, but at the same time this is the wasteland where absolutely everyone has guns, not too mention supermutants are big and loud, so the gunslinger would hear or see them a mile away and blow them way, bringing melee weapons to a gun fight never favors the warrior, so with that in mind, it makes sense that super mutants use guns, however i believe they should be limited to only the big guns, not only to make them truly fearful, but also because they clearly have the build to wield these heavy weapons, primarily Miniguns and Missile Launchers. as for high tech gear, yea they definitely should not have that, super mutants are generally not very intelligent at all.

you're welcome :smile:

Agree. They do look cool and intimidating with big guns.