Will Pay for this mod.

queenbee21283

Take it you haven't played Arma 2 then? Drakan? Both of those games have an Inventory system exactly the same. It is easy enough to code in (from the start, rather than modifying hard code), intuitive, and far more easy to balance when people have to choose between taking a suit of armour or a magic robe. Or in the case of Arma, a One shot LAW or additional Ammunition for the machine gunner in your multiple.

"Sorting all your equipment", which you have to do anyway when you reach 300 carry weight? Just having a carry weight is a half arsed attempt, might as well just remove it. Or else you get mods like Bandoliers and Backpacks.

Fun as they are, they are simply a visual addition to being able to carry more items.

If a Bandolier allowed you to carry a further 10 Potions, and wear another arrow quiver, each of which can carry 30 arrows, say, then they would be a lot more in depth. And make the game more pleasureable and tactical.

Arma=military simulation

Skyrim=fanstasy representation

Yeah, nobody wants or cares for sorting.

And what role player ever gets over encumbered anyway? Unless you are RPing a hoarder.

No one cares about sorting? Nonsense.

I for one would love a mod that added sortable inventory containers. I don't even need something that requires you to drop the backpack and click it; I'd just like to have DS Storage Sacks (an Oblivion mod) for Skyrim. It allowed you to add an object to your inventory called "a sack" -- though you could rename them in the config file -- and when you clicked on the sack from within your inventory, it opened into a new inventory window. This way you could stuff all your clothing into one sack, all your armor into another, all your rings into a third, or whatever, instead of having the armor tab of your inventory filled with 50 things you had to scroll through.

It also had an option to have each sack reduce the weight of its contents by a specified amount. So anything you put into the sack would weigh only .5 of its normal weight, or however you chose to configure it. Excellent mod, I can't play Oblivion without it now, I'm spoiled.

The absolute best feature was that you could put quest items or mod config items into a sack and never have to see them again. A ton of mods come with a custom item that you use to configure the mod's settings, and while some of those items are given lore-friendly names, some are not. I loved being able to stuff things named "Ring of Console" or "Hotkey Torch" into a sack and never have to see them again while still having them in my inventory in case I needed them.

I made a backpack mod with other things to go with it called support gear. But it too does not do what the OP wants. I don't like the idea of an infinite container like chests to begin with and then to carry one around it is like carrying around a tardis from doctor who or an eternity room. It would be better if all chests and containers in the game had a limit of what they could hold say X number of anything but they don't so this is why the carry limit system works because a player or npc can't carry more than X carry weight. But it should be limited for containers it would make much more sense. I like the resident evil 5 inventory system where you had only so many slots to put stuff in. That made sense because you could extend it with some kind of wearable bag gear or something or was that RE4? anyway that is how it should be, more bags you can wear more slots you have to store stuff. Also I can't stand how you can just pack giant stuff away like shields and 2H weapons into your pants pocket or modded backpack. There should be some gear you have to buy that only holds those things so you could then carry more than one of them at a time. I know that sounds crazy because those things are worth money in game but the immersion would be better that way. Maybe the same gear that holds the extra shields and 2h weapons would work with 1h weapons too.

• 4 weeks later...

Ha HA The idea itself is good,But why the need to drop it???? where all doing weird things in this game, I always remember to lock my front door before adventuring and my most valuable treasures is

safely locked away inside my houses (console command lock 1000). now were at it why not a mod that makes keys work the other way around :smile:

@Black_Thorn

I read this before when you first posted it up and it gave me the idea to try and add at least a wearable form of my bag of holding mod Glimpse Of Elsweyr. I know it is possible to do, but my Blender abilities are severly lacking. Everything just came out exploded. And I've given up on 3d modeling/manipulation that can't be done in NifSkope.

That said, if you know of a wearable backpack for Skyrim and can get permission to use it. I can easily adapt the container aspect. If you don't want it accessible via hotkey and only accessible when dropped that should be no problem.