Dawnguard control bug

FrostStriker

Hey guys,

Here are the problems I have found in Dawnguard:

- If I start the game with only Dawnguard active, or Dawnguard + Unofficial Dawnguard patch, the game crashes on main menu;

- If I start the game with Dawnguard + Unofficial Dawnguard patch + Heartfire + Unofficial Heartfire patch, the game starts, but there is a problem with the controls: pressing right or left hand atack button will make the weapon/magic ready (OK) but I can only do power attacks (not standard), I can't cast any spell and can't block. Also, the animations of some spells don't show in the hand (i.e., fireball, fast healing).

I have not a single mod that changes combat or magic. The only mod that changed script is Enhanced Blood, but I already checked it. I have verified all mods.

However, there is something interesting: when I installed Dawnguard but did not had the "Dawnguard" quest in the journal, the game worked OK. After that the bug showed up. :wallbash:

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64bit, 8 GB RAM, intel i7-2670-QM 2.20GHz turbo up to 3.10GHz, geforce gtx 560m.

Any help? :confused:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/dance.gif EDIT: Update 1.8 fixed the problem for me! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/dance.gif

Make sure you backup your savegames before aplying the patch. Installing Skyrim 1.7 + patch + Dawnguard + Hearthfire worked ok, but after mods my savegames became corrupted for some reason. What I did was Skyrim 1.7 + Dawnguard + Hearthfire + MODS + patch. Anyway, backup your saves. I recommend using BOSS, too.

Edited by FrostStriker

having the same problem, as much as I know dawnguard is the one that making those bugs. I have disabled all of the other mods include dawnguard and it works fine, activating dawnguard and you cant attack at all (only power attacks). I think its because of hearthfire affecting dawnguard in some way.

I will look into it mainly because I just cant play like this, this is the worst bug.

Edited by NCRsoldier

I've got the occasional thing where after a cutscene or load I might not be able to draw my weapon. Typing EnablePlayerControls into the console generally works for me. And yes, I have the bug-ridden plague called Dawnguard.

Are you loading the Unofficial Dawnguard patch after Skyrim.esm and Update.esm? And if you have it, after the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Hearthfire goes below all of them.

Are you loading the Unofficial Dawnguard patch after Skyrim.esm and Update.esm? And if you have it, after the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Hearthfire goes below all of them.

I dont have the unoffical skyrim patch, just dawnguard patch.

and it doesnt work when I put heathfire below the patch

Edited by NCRsoldier

I meant the Hearthfire Unofficial Patch :)

Try a new character and see if it still happens. Check your save file size (My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves). With me, I started again for Dawnguard as my saves bloated from the average <15MB to 35MB. This can cause issues so its worth checking it.

EDIT : This guy has your problem

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/802689-cannot-attack-dawnguard-dlc-with-swords/

Just thought you'd like to know :happy:

Edited by BeefPie

Tried new game, no effect.

My savegames are around 8mb in size!

BOSS log listed "PurewatersDG.esp" as "Active", but it is in the Unrecognised Plugins tab.

Skyrim.esm and Update.esm doesn't show in data files here! But they are in the Data folder in Skyrim directory.

Anyway, which is the right order in loading? Mine are like this:

http://postimage.org/image/3xmzyeyor/

Edited by FrostStriker