Modpatcher

dreadylein

Hey, so I had to run XSHAPE again after running modpatcher.

Are you making changes to the SHA hashes?

I made the modification to my files to allow changing of the build times for all items (without upk modification, those ini settings don't do anything). Ran XSHAPE, then started the game up. 1 hash updated. Game ran fine... But I soon realized the default build times were unbalanced (7 days for a medkit, heh).

So, I fired up notepad++, made some ini changes, ran modpatcher, then started the game... the game crashed.

So, I ran XSHAPE and it said 2 hashes were updated. Which was weird, because, the game was just running with my uncompressed upk files before I ran modpatcher.

Everything's fine now, but I was just curious as to why running modpatcher changed the SHA hashes stored in the exe.

Using v.12. Just wondering. :D

Edited by Daemonjax

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the modification to my files to allow changing of the build times for all items (without upk modification, those ini settings don't do anything). Ran XSHAPE, then started the game up. 1 hash updated. Game ran fine... But I soon realized the default build times were unbalanced (7 days for a medkit, heh).

you've gotten item build-times to operate properly for everything "not satellite"??

(get the files out here now! :-0 )

Actually, as the medkits are consumed by use, it makes sense.... you only ever build a few at the start of the game and thats them done for the rest of it.

@daemonjax huh :D this sounds funny and i dont have a clue which is the cause for it :O

Maybe i mess something up, your data is directly behinde the ini if i remember correct mhhh

If it happens again

Strip the Hash file and the ini file after every step

maybe this will shed some light on it

@daemonjax huh :D this sounds funny and i dont have a clue which is the cause for it :O

Maybe i mess something up, your data is directly behinde the ini if i remember correct mhhh

If it happens again

Strip the Hash file and the ini file after every step

maybe this will shed some light on it

XCOM SHA Patcher for Executable (XSHAPE) v0.1b

xcomgame.upk
xcomstrategygame.upk

Found 28433408 bytes in Binaries\Win32\XComGame.exe
Starting at byte number: 26444500

xcomgame.upk entry found at: 26444932
Found Hash.: A6 C0 E1 3F 53 95 E5 49 55 F6 2A 25 A5 1F 29 8E 4B 1E 70 B2
Actual Hash: 8E 28 79 7B 44 D2 37 FB D9 B2 ED 4E C5 CF F3 7D 24 7F 68 F1

xcomstrategygame.upk entry found at: 26444965
Found Hash.: 78 B7 59 BB 9B 98 31 B4 28 DD 80 6F CF F2 71 E4 10 40 8C E2
Actual Hash: 24 53 5F 9E 9D 21 95 14 79 9B F0 CA 6F B8 89 87 2E 16 53 B3
xcomgame.upk SHA hash updated.
xcomstrategygame.upk SHA hash updated.
2 SHA hash(es) updated.

I have to run XSHAPE after each time I run modpatcher.

Steam or modpatcher reverts the SHA hash values.

Which is fine, I guess, but I just don't understand why. :D

If I don't, game crashes.

If it's modpatcher doing something you didn't intend, then the above output should help (XSHAPE with the -v switch) :D

Edited by Daemonjax

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, well after some thinking .. it does exactly what it is supposed to do :D

It use the backupfile as base, thats where the old hashs come from

Updating the xcomgame.exe with new hashs, deleting/moving the backup, rerun patcher should solve it for the moment

Edited by dreadylein

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, well after some thinking .. it does exactly what it is supposed to do :D

It use the backupfile as base, thats where the old hashs come from

Updating the xcomgame.exe with new hashs, deleting/moving the backup, rerun patcher should solve it for the moment

That explains it, then.

If I delete the backup, it kinda defeats the purpose of the backup, however. :D

No need to delete/move anything... just running XSHAPE again after each modpatcher use does the trick...

How about changing modpatcher so it pulls the hash values from the current file?

Edited by Daemonjax