DarN Ui Oversized Fonts

hking0036

• 7 months later...

I was having this issue with the big text described in the above images as well using Mod Organizer. I found that editing both fallout.ini files manually did not fix the issue. Instead in the mod organizers tool bar (puzzle piece one) edit the fallout.ini through that and save. I found that editing the ini this way was strange since i did it manually, something must overwrite something in the injection process. Anyway i hope this helps someone in the future.

• 1 month later...

I was having this issue with the big text described in the above images as well using Mod Organizer. I found that editing both fallout.ini files manually did not fix the issue. Instead in the mod organizers tool bar (puzzle piece one) edit the fallout.ini through that and save. I found that editing the ini this way was strange since i did it manually, something must overwrite something in the injection process. Anyway i hope this helps someone in the future.

I had the same issue as you. Went to MO2's Puzzle piece .ini file and it's working now as intended.

The game I'm modding is Oblivion, not Fallout 3 though. Still, this thread was way more helpful than any Oblivion ones I found.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys, (excuse my bad english)

I think i've found a fix for Mod Organaizer users, apperently when you launch the game from MO fallout3 DOENS'T use my documents/my games/fallout3/fallout.ini

Apperently the game uses a MO created INI file, this mean you need to use the built in INI editor ( it's the button on top with the simbol of 4 puzzle pieces).

I've used that editor to make changes to the MO created INI file ... and DarnUI just works propely (at least for me).

I used this tweak:

[Fonts]

;sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Large.fnt

sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\DarN_FranKleinBold_14.fnt

;sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_Large.fnt

sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\DarN_FranKleinBold_16.fnt

sFontFile_3=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Medium.fnt

;sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_VeryLarge02_Dialogs2.fnt

sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Sui_Generis_Otl_10.fnt

sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Fixedsys_Comp_uniform_width.fnt

;sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_VL_dialogs.fnt

sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Sui_Generis_Otl_13.fnt

;sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\Baked-in_Monofonto_Large.fnt

sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Libel_Suit_Otl_24.fnt

sFontFile_8=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Futura_Caps_Large.fnt

sFontFile_9=Textures\Fonts\NVFont_Test.fnt

PS: not sure why but the first time i tried to use the built in INI editor it told me it couldn't save the changes i made ... i made a new profile closed and opened MO again and worked fine .... wierd

Can we give this guy a f*#@in medal of honor?? You saved probably so many people with this post. 6 years later and still saving lives.