Intermittent hang ups, otherwise good.

zuckerjr

I'm going to ask you this first, have you cleaned your files with tes5edit?

It doesnt look like you said it.

Next I'm going to ask if you read what BOSS said under recognised plugins, because it sometimes knows when stuff dont work together.

Also I saw some plugins in your load that there is a... well its not really a mod... more of a compiler, that combines them together without having them be some sorting of maybe overlapping esps... not sure what its called but I could find it if your interested. (floral overhaul, radiant potions, better dynamic snow(?) basicly a lot of nice texture packs as well, somewhere like 5-25 texture mods total down to 1, that you can over mod if you dont like the ones it does)

Thanks for the reply. BOSS is cool with my loadout, no unresolved incompatibilities detected. No, I have not used tes5edit, I will give that a whirl. I'm not sure what you mean regarding the third item, though I will say that I tried to put some thought into which of my mods alter vanilla textures so as to avoid compatability issues (not saying I did that perfectly though.)

I ment this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20801 ... mod combiner thing.

Just do the clean identical to master and undelete and disable references when you right click a mod after you filter it for cleaning in tes5edit, you can load up all your mods and do them all at once, it'll reduce some of your crashes if not all of them.

Plus it'll let more of the intended effects of mods actually happen instead of being disabled or reverted by mods you installed afterwards.

Now if you havent cleaned them all stop reading and go clean them.

Eveything but the skyrim.exe and skyrim.esp need cleaning.

Edited by rarborman

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after updating all my mods, re-using BOSS, utilizing Tes5Edit, and walking in a circle around my computer 3 times counter-clockwise I seem to be down to only the occasional crash. Again, not uncommon for Skyrim. It's at a level I can pretty much live with, and all the mods I care about I still have.

I do have one minor issue that is annoying. I'm not sure if I just hadn't noticed it before or if it is new -- a dialogue related thing. Sometimes, audio dialogue will clip slightly, and the lip sync will be a little off. Probably unrelated but still dialogue related is anytime I encounter an unvoiced NPC (due to Interesting NPCs, no doubt) the dialogue often skips through very quickly, as if I'm holding down enter or something, but even faster. Not sure if anyone has any thoughts on those, aside from maybe picking up the voiced npc only version of Interesting NPCs. Aside from that, I'm about ready to close this particular case. Thanks for your help folks!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I did a search for the name of that script "a0adwquestscript" in my mods folder, and it appears that's it's part of Dwemer Certified. I'm having the same problem, and looking through the mod's forum posts to see if there's a reason for the script going bananas. I have SkyRe installed, and have both Dwemer Certified and the SkyRe Compatible version installed, but still having the probleme.

If you're still looking for an explanation, I'll post back here if I find more info or a solution.

-IG